BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well as I said in my summer to-do list my summer on the salt was a blast :thumbup: I caught my first spring and first tyee...at the same time and my first hal :thumbup:...I'm in a rush here so I'll leave you with a pic of my tyee and put the report in later...enjoy the eye-candy :thumbup:

cheers :cheers:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hey guys
first of all, the only reason I put this report in here is because I don't know what region it would be in :p so mods if you could move it to the correct spot this report happens in blackfish sound right across from port hardy in the broughton group :drunk:

well we started off the summer by heading up to Blackfish Lodge on June 24 we drove for 24 hours to get there and back, we fished for 5 days and caught 2 fish.......it was worth it :thumbup:we started out the first evening by heading out for a couple hours...skunked except for a little lost rock cod at 60 feet in 150 ft. of water ??? so we head ed out the next day and fished for 14 hrs. and skunked again we were a little frustrated so we decided to go and get yelled at by some of the locals ;D
I guess he had an itch

lying down after a tough day of work

the next day we decided to try for halibut so we threw on some herring, smothered them with but juice and let it down a couple hours and 2 dogfish later

we landed this 25 pound beauty

a productive day in my books :thumbup:
so the next day we head out again and...skunked, and the next day...skunked
so it was the second last day of our trip and we decided that we were gonna hunker down and get a salmon if it was the last thing we did. there were two other guests there and they had both gotten a 30+ pound salmon so our hopes were high and we were ready to be rewarded
so we headed out at 7:30 because I was feeling tired from hauling in my huge halibut ;) we found a tidal ripple and started to troll around when BAM the line came off the downrigger and started jerking like crazy...that little peice of seaweed put up a good fight for its size ::) so I got the weeds off the hook, clipped the downrigger on and let it down and before I even had time to tighten the drag the line came off the clip again I sighed and took the rod out of the holder ad started to reel in when suddenly I couldn't anymore my brain, not being in the right state of mind, started to think of all possible solutions until I thought that I must be on the bottom so I pulled up a little bit and imagine my surprise when I got a pull back that almost put me in the drink :eek: this time there was no doubt in my mind and I started screaming "fish on" over and over and over againthe rest is history I set the hook and with a scream of line the fish took off and with a scream of joy we took off after it ;D we chased it for 5 minutes and then it turned around and chased us for 5 minutes finally we got our first glimpse of the monster...after 20 minutes of me saying "its a good fish" we got to see the truth of this statement. he was within netting distance for 10 minutes and we netted him the first chance we got and the end result was awesome

I'll install the second peice in a week or so!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.