BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have updates on saltwater fishing Nanaimo area? I'll be that way in a week or two and hopin the springs are around. Just read report in Port Renfrew there...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi.

I took a spin out yesterday and fished hard for about six hours with no luck on the Salmon front. Perhaps a couple or a few weeks too early yet.

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just got back from Nanaimo yesterday after a 5 day trip that was mostly spent working but I did manage to squeeze in some time on the water. We launched and stayed right around the Ladysmith launch/marina. We spent a good combined 10 hrs or so fishing, mostly around Active Pass and east of Galiano Island with no luck. Saw a few fish on the finder about 150 ft down but couldnt manage to hook any. We were using hoochies, tubes, and spoons. I can admitt that Ive never fished this area and so I'll say that that is defidently a contributing factor. On a positive note, crabbing was unreal just south of Ladysmith! 4 or so pots with 5 keepers and a few more with 2-3. I didnt pull up a single empty pot. In one of these pots was a 8", the biggest crab Ive ever caught! Let me know how your adventure goes!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool thanks for the updates... South east off galiano is a hot spot for hali's I heard from local fishing store right now. 8 inch crab is some nice eatin! Im hittin water this weekend so will keep posted here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi, weather permitting, we have been about four times over the past few weeks. Not lots of fish around but we have managed to bring one or two home on nearly every trip. Fish are in nice condition in the mid teens. Usual coyote spoons and hoothies. Not lots of bits just a few fish. Out again yesterday and the seals got our two salmon and on a third we do not know what happened as the leader broke.

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hallis ????? Off Galiano, not that it's not possible, but hot spot ??? Been fishing the Gulf Islands my entire life, seen a few over the years but hot spot ??

I think your talking flounders Seven X, if some one has found them good on them, if word gets out it won;t last long, .....hot spot though ...hummmm???

Any pic's with Gossip Isle or the power line in the back ground???

HT

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks for update Montauk. Im waiting to get my license back... 2 more weeks so I cant hit the water till than. (Too many points for "N" driver)... This supsension came right as I got back from work to my new boat I purchased so I have just been watching it grow roots in the back yard :( Anywho... As for high tide that was the word from the guys @ Chandlers. They get alot of reports in there I guess.. Hali's move alot though and fast that report was from a month ago but they around now he said its been more than 20 years since they been around like this... of course nothing big he said just chickens but hali's none the less.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Good to hear and I hope they are right, a few were taken also off Thrasher and various places last year. As for them saying it's HOT ..... well ... I'd like to see it.

Good luck if you go after them, it's almost like they hit headlines when they are caught in these parts.

HT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts