BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow fisher people! Here is a quick report from my family salmon trip on July 18-19...we had a wicked time out there in the salt off Ucluelet with Todd Jenning's High Roller Charters! We did 2 afternoon charters from 2pm-8pm. We fished approximately 6-7 miles out from Ucluelet on both days @ a spot called "The Bottleneck?" or to the local guides, "Inside South" which is what you would call a sub-surface bank (flat). There were 4 of us fishing (Dad, Mom, Uncle and Myself) and in 2 days we kept 12 Chinook in the 15-20 lb range and lost several. All the fish were @ roughly 100+ feet down. We caught them on Hootchie w/purple haze flasher and Herring in teaser w/purple stripe flasher combinations. We would start off each day by sending the gear down to 130 ft on the riggers and start looking for bait balls on the depth sounder. Soon after encountering the bait, we would get fish! Cool! It was really great to see my mother, who hasn't fished in years, battle and keep a 22 lber!
The highlight and defining moment of this trip was this 27 lb fatty caught by my Dad (left)...It was a joy to see!

Thanks again to everyone who referred us to High Roller Charters in Ucluelet! I highly recommend Todd Jennings to anybody - HE GETS YOU INTO SOME NICE FISH!!! He is also a great person to fish with and is full of some funny fishing stories! His website is located at http://www.highrollercharters.com/ or on his cell # (250)725-8150.

Next time we'll do the morning trip and catch some Hali's as well!

Thanks again Todd!

Cheers All! -Nathan in NW :D

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Glad to hear you had a great time and that High Roller Charters worked out well for you.

GOFISHING 8)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts