BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good recipe for bbq springs?Going to buy some groceries later so i could buy the ingredients.

thanks

·
Registered
419 Posts
http://www.hakaifoods.com/

Famous BC Salmon marinade- mild in flavor, does not alterate the meat taste. BBQ (pieces) 4min per side, with skin, flip the meat over the skin. Oil the skin - oil the pan you are marinade (1h) the pieces-apply the marinade with brush.
Use spatula to separate the meat from the skin and flip the meat over.
The baked skins are very tasty and good source of nutrients....
We found that any other marinade-souses change the taste of the fish to extend that makes any fish taste the same,
But this is my opinion, even salt and pepper, lemon are enough on a fresh fish..

·
Registered
513 Posts
Fillet fish
Rub with brown sugar, garlic, cajun spice, let sit for 1 hour
Skin side down on BBQ
Lay 3 or 4 strips of partly cooked bacon on top of each fillet
Close BBQ and cook until slightly rare in center
Remove and let rest under foil for 10 minutes
Cut up bacon and serve with fish

·
Registered
304 Posts
It sounds like your chinook was taken from the salt, but here is a Vedder white spring recipe I stole that may of been posted before...

Cedar Plank Vedder White Spring recipe

Fillet the spring. Soak a cedar plank approx. 18" x 6" overnight in water. Buy these at home depot or Rona in 6 ft lengths. They are in the fencing dept. Be sure to get untreated cedar.

Prepare the salmon by seasoning with salt and pepper and squeezing on some fresh lemon juice.

Put in medium heat barbecue for approx 30 minutes. For extra flavor baste with maple syrup.

Check doneness by testing for flakiness. DO NOT OVERCOOK!

When ready take plank off barbecue and scrape salmon into the garbage can and serve the cedar plank along with rice and a fresh salad.

Serves approximately 6 people. :D :D

·
Registered
419 Posts
Use a LOT of dill, instead of the maple sirup. All salmons take a lot of dill... look for gravlax too - very delicious from white spring. Scrape the lemon zest over the dill...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts