BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ,

I am in search of lakes with large trout ,rainbow,dolly, cutties, Does anyone know of Devils lake or Morris lake up in mission area? If you perhaps know any other lake I could boat on with decent size fish within the lower mainland I would appreciate the info, Thank You and fish on!

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
For the most part the bigger coastal lakes will all hold some decent fish, they take a long time to get big down here as all our lakes are relitavely nutrient poor. They will be few and far between and generally hard to find.

Some of the smaller lakes will hold large numbers of smaller fish and may be a little bit richer since they flush less.

If you are looking for quick action these small put and take lakes will be good, especially if you are looking to take a few home.

If you are looking for more challenging fishing for large but fewer fish try the bigger lakes, but remember the big fish are very old thus invaluable as spawners and should be released (the previously mentioned Chilliwack Lake bulls are a fantastic example of this).

These are generalizations, and are true for the most part. There are some exceptions that many days spent exploring may provide for you.

As far as lake fishing goes, I would say head up to the interior if you are able, most interior lakes will make the ones down here look very ho-hum.

·
Registered
578 Posts
The other guys are right most lakes in the lower mainland rate a zero when it comes to big fish. Nutrients and food souces are the problem. one lake that is an anomaly is Whonnock for the most part it is one big rolling weedbed, aside from the prolific crappies in that lake there are some nice lunker trout. The trout tend to be moody though. Weaver has some lunkers too, but again they tend to be far and few between. The lake to watch is Allouette, due to the on going fertilization project.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I hiked in to Devils Lake a long time ago with a float tube. There were lots of rainbows, but they were all tiny. Beautiful lake though...

·
Registered
76 Posts
try alleyne lake it has some huge rainbows.... there is also another lake not far from alleyne that holds nice rainbows bluey its called if you look on a map you'll see how close they are :cheers:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank all of you for your suggestions and information there is a few I will check out now. I was at harrison bridge yesterday just fishing by shore and had seen a few fish jumping but nothing would bite. I also went to suicide creek and nothing visible.I am trying the vedder when weather clears abit here should have some luck.I have a few more lakes to review and look at now, Thanks alot guys again for the info , Cheers :beerchug:

·
Registered
76 Posts
try buck lake... it has 10 lb brookies(so I've heard,I've never actually seen a 10 pounder come out of there)

also another lake you should try, although I've never been there, is spukuune (not sure of spelling) it's supposed to hold nice rainbows

good luck :peace:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.