BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I need a new pair of waders. I was thinking neoprene, but I assume that breathables are the way to go.

My budget is as low as possible! I know you get what you pay for, but I figure if I get a decent product and take good care of it, I should be able to get some good value out of them.

I was looking online on Cabela's at the Premium Dry-Plus Breathable Stockingfoot Waders and felt that this was a good price range for me. Close to $120 or so. I also need wading boots.

If anyone knows any deals, or has had experience with some cheaper models, I would really appreciate the feedback. I don't have a lot of experience in this department.

Thanks. :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
148 Posts
How much fishing do you do? This is a huge factor in choosing waders. I have yet to find an affordable wader that will hold up to heavy use. That being said, I would highly recommend the Cabelas Guide Tech waders. I believe they are about $200. But they are worth the extra $$$. I put my pair of those through hell for 3 seasons(150-250 days a year) before they started leaking.

And you don't always get what you pay for....i just bought a $300 pair of Simms and wore through the inner knee/thigh seams on both legs in 7 days!!! At least their customer service seems top notch as they are taking the waders back.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't do a whole lot of fishing. However that being said, I would like to step it up from the time i've put in in the past. Ideally, I plan on using them 1-2 times per week.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Go Cabelsas, u can bu 4 pairs for the price of a bare or simms, & I have blackwaters, & they have been back for repairs & ae leaking again in only 2 seasons. I would opt for cabela as thet make & stand by their products..Jamie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts