BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, it's official. I need new waders. My old "Anglers" are now more aquaseal than neoprene and they still fill with water. I think I'd like to stay with the neoprene. Any recommendations or reviews? What do you think about the Bare ones? I mostly need them for places like the Stave, and occasionally in my belly boat. I rarely go anywhere that I need to walk for any length of time. Mostly either just standing in one spot or sitting in the b-boat. Cost IS a factor, so as good as a $400 pair may be, they are out of the question.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
On the top right corner of the main page of BCFR, there is a search box. Just type in "waders" and click on search and you will get all the past posts on this topic...Also type in "breathables" and click search....lots of good info here as well...
Ortho 8)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I mentioned this in an earlier post in this forum. But here goes. I have been using the same ugly ass River Rat Neo's I bought from Army and Navy seven years ago. They have never leaked a day yet. They certainly are not the most fashionable statement on the river but the are very good value for your money. I personally see no reason to spend the long dollar on Neo's so long as they are taped seems and 4+ mil.
I think they are only like $150-$200.00

·
Registered
249 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lund-lubber said:
As Ortho suggested, the SEARCH feature works great. You may wish to consider that option first next time before posting. :peace:

LL
Gee thanks. I got the point the first time, and I did actually read those threads before you thought to point out the blatantly obvious search functionality.....

Anybody else want to point that out as well?

·
Registered
249 Posts
aleonard said:
Gee thanks. I got the point the first time, and I did actually read those threads before you thought to point out the blatantly obvious search functionality.....
Did you? :confused:

By virtue of the fact that you even posted your question indicated to me you had not availed yourself of the "blatantly obvious search functionality".

What is "blatantly obvious" to me is to mention such details in the original post. Had you done so, you may not have received the types of replies you have :wallbash:

LL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lund-lubber said:
aleonard said:
Did you? :confused:

By virtue of the fact that you even posted your question indicated to me you had not availed yourself of the "blatantly obvious search functionality".

What is "blatantly obvious" to me is to mention such details in the original post. Had you done so, you may not have received the types of replies you have :wallbash:

LL
Hmmmm interesting and incredible positive and helpful post. Perhaps when I said "I think I'd like to stay with the neoprene. Any recommendations or reviews? What do you think about the Bare ones?" in my original post, it came across as "please ignore what I'm asking, and feel free to take thread off topic." If you thought I hadn't read the other posts, perhaps a PM pointing that out would have been more appropriate. I read alot about the breathables, and alot about waders in a higher price range than I was willing to pay. Thanks Koda for your thoughts on the A&N ones and JetboatJim, I may contact you on the Pat's.

·
Registered
249 Posts
aleonard said:
Hmmmm interesting and incredible positive and helpful post. Perhaps when I said "I think I'd like to stay with the neoprene. Any recommendations or reviews? What do you think about the Bare ones?" in my original post, it came across as "please ignore what I'm asking, and feel free to take thread off topic." If you thought I hadn't read the other posts, perhaps a PM pointing that out would have been more appropriate. I read alot about the breathables, and alot about waders in a higher price range than I was willing to pay. Thanks Koda for your thoughts on the A&N ones and JetboatJim, I may contact you on the Pat's.
Actually, I thought my reply to you was more than helpful and answered your questions and I would hardly say I went off topic. Those two threads I referenced more than adequately answered your specific questions about "recommendations and reviews".

Let me break it down for you. Here's a small sample of the infomation contained within those threads:

Your question: "I think I'd like to stay with the neoprene. Any recommendations or reviews?"

"Recomendations"
Hotrod: "I would reccommend go with simms..."
Stone: "I also recommend Simms"
Professori: I have a pair of Hodgman Lakestream Lites...I am very happy with them and would recommend them to anyone"
Stone: <on breathables vs neoprene> "Their (Cabelas) neoprene waders are of excellent quality and are a great value...just in case you are wondering about those. But breathables are the way to go, even if they don't last as long."

"Reviews"
Fish Finder: "Simms seems to be the popular chioce among anglers these days. Having said that, I have to admit I loved the way my old Blackwater's fit."
mmmmroe: "I've got the cabella's guide waders they are doing well for me no leaks at the 6 month mark"
rln: "breathable waders will work quite well if they fit you decently"
BigJay: "I bought these ones...from Cabela's a month ago and I'm pretty pleased with them"

Your question: "What do you think about the Bare ones?"

Mike: "after just 25 long days the suspenders on my "Bare Blackwaters" are ripping off"

I trust you'll find this information helpful.

LL

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Ya but there is a reason why Mikey's suspenders are ripping off after just 25 days of use and it
has nothing to do with the detergent he soaks them in ... :thumbup:
Just kidding eh big guy... :peace: Marko

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Lund-lubber said:
aleonard said:
Actually, I thought my reply to you was more than helpful and answered your questions and I would hardly say I went off topic. Those two threads I referenced more than adequately answered your specific questions about "recommendations and reviews".

Let me break it down for you. Here's a small sample of the infomation contained within those threads:

Your question: "I think I'd like to stay with the neoprene. Any recommendations or reviews?"

"Recomendations"
Hotrod: "I would reccommend go with simms..."
Stone: "I also recommend Simms"
Professori: I have a pair of Hodgman Lakestream Lites...I am very happy with them and would recommend them to anyone"
Stone: <on breathables vs neoprene> "Their (Cabelas) neoprene waders are of excellent quality and are a great value...just in case you are wondering about those. But breathables are the way to go, even if they don't last as long."

"Reviews"
Fish Finder: "Simms seems to be the popular chioce among anglers these days. Having said that, I have to admit I loved the way my old Blackwater's fit."
mmmmroe: "I've got the cabella's guide waders they are doing well for me no leaks at the 6 month mark"
rln: "breathable waders will work quite well if they fit you decently"
BigJay: "I bought these ones...from Cabela's a month ago and I'm pretty pleased with them"

Your question: "What do you think about the Bare ones?"

Mike: "after just 25 long days the suspenders on my "Bare Blackwaters" are ripping off"

I trust you'll find this information helpful.

LL
I don't know what it is about internet conversations that get so out of hand sometimes, but they sure do. Maybe the two of you should take a few moments to chill out before either of you post a reply. No need to get all snotty about this. One guy asks a legitimate question, another guy offers what he thinks is a valid suggestion, testosterone takes over and we have a p!$$ing match. :naughty: :naughty: Play nice!! Thanks :peace:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Let's play nice, folks...we'd like to keep this forum friendly.

Aleonard:

The Bare neoprenes are excellent waders. They used to have a light green model (I forget the name) that was well made, thick, and under $200. They were a popular seller when I was at M&Y years ago.

One of my colleagues also fishes, and she needed to replace her waders recently. On my recommendation, she had me order a pair of Cabelas neoprene waders for her. This is exactly like the first pair of waders that I bought a long time ago, and was leak free years later when I sold it to another angler. It costs under $60 USD, and is made out of premium 5mm neoprene. With the current exchange rate, you can't go wrong. I have ordered lots of stuff from Cabelas in the past, and have found them very easy to deal with if there is ever any problem or dissatisfaction with your purchase.

The only downside to Cabelas, is they won't ship a lot of their products north of the border...including many fishing related stuff. I use a Sumas address to receive my shipments, and just walk across the border when the lineups are too long. This problem shouldn't be around for too much longer as Cabelas recently acquired SIR sports in Winnipeg, a large long-time respected Canadian sports retailer...and in fact SIR is now offering a few Cabelas items in their catalogue. The large Cabelas retail store will hopefully open soon in Quebec. HTH.

BTW...if you are looking for a good pair of wading boots, I highly recommend Cabelas Master Guide boots that retail for under $70 USD. I have had mine for a long long time, and they are very comfortable, supportive, and bomb proof! I've only had to replace the felt soles, and the laces a couple of times...the rest of the boot have no wear on them and look like they will literally last forever.

Good luck.

Stone

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
anyway the rest of us can use your Sumas addy for Cabelas stuff? pay you usage fee LOL i have looked at their website GREAT prices and tons of stuff to choose from.

do you know if the new store in Lacey is open yet?

HOOK

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
HOOK said:
anyway the rest of us can use your Sumas addy for Cabelas stuff? pay you usage fee LOL i have looked at their website GREAT prices and tons of stuff to choose from.

do you know if the new store in Lacey is open yet?

HOOK
LOL...my Sumas address is a service offered by Package Express. Lots of people use their services because it doesn't cost you anything until you use it, and even then, it's very economical. They even have a 604 number so that calling them is a local call. Google them and check out their website.

And no...Lacey is not scheduled to open until next year sometime. Maybe we should make that a BCFR field trip? :D

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
If ordering a pair of wading boots online, which i'm quite skeptical about doing so, what are the sizes like. I fit into a size 12 shoe/boot, would a wading boot size 12 be the same size or be a bit larger to allow for the room of the neoprene?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
reelangler said:
If ordering a pair of wading boots online, which i'm quite skeptical about doing so, what are the sizes like. I fit into a size 12 shoe/boot, would a wading boot size 12 be the same size or be a bit larger to allow for the room of the neoprene?
You're welsome! :)

As Marko has stated, people usually go one size bigger on their wading boots to accomodate the thick neoprene stockingfeet. If you like to wear thick socks under your waders, you may choose to go even two sizes higher. Cabelas has a really easy return policy if you're not happy with their products. They include a return label for UPS, I believe, that is attached to the bottom of your packing slip.

I have fairly wide feet, and I normally wear a Size 9 shoe. My Cabelas Master Guide boots are size 10, and the stockingfeet of my G3 waders fit snugly into the boots when they are dry, and when the boots are wet, the fit is just right with regular socks on. Hope that gives you a little bit of an idea.

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.