BC Fishing Reports banner

How many nights at Weaver Lake do you usually camp for?

• 1 night

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 nights

• 3 - 7 nights

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping to go camping this weekend at Weaver L and just wondering if the gate will be locked?
Has any1 been up that way as of late?
Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
32 views and nobody has been up there or know anything about the gate?
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL i forgot i even had that number!!!

:oops:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do, leaving tonight. Gonna have to get the key from the site manager to open the gate.
cheers

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
BCfisher, when you get there, take a close look in the log jams leading in to the creek heading out of the lake right near the campsite...big cutties sitting in there picking off food....you can't fish in there, no fishing within the boundaries of the log booms, but if you stand on the bridge and look down into those logs, it will serve as some inspiration towards what you can hook into in there.....
rib

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Weaver Lake is doing pretty good right now. Hooked into a dozen fish in one day of fishing. Didnt even touch the north end of the lake due to a low battery troll motor problem but did just fine in the lower section.
My buddy used spincasting gear and I went the fly route. Needless to say I came out on top. I have almost completely givin up on spincasting and now use flyfishing gear 9 out of 10 times. Im hooked.
The weather was excellent, and the camping was fine too. If you guys want to go up there then you got to call ahead and reserve your key from the park maintenance guy. Ribwart, seen the fish where u mentioned, really got the blood pumping. Speeking of the logs, those damn logs glogged up the already sad-ass boat launch. Luckly there was a gentalman with a little boat towing those logs outta the way for every1. If it wasent for him nobody would have been in the water. So thanks to him whoever you are, your a good man.
Cheers

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I fished it in the boat, and that was more effective I think....I suppose the float tube would be ok, but having both, and having fished the lake before, I would choose the boat...

·
Registered
550 Posts
Thanks for the report BCFisher, sounds like you guys had a good time. What patterns were working for you if you dont mind sharing :)

I have fished Weaver from a tube and was successful with sink line & mini leeches not far from the boat launch. It is a good size lake but you dont have to go that far to get into fish.

when the beer runs out
Got that right :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice lake, have been up there a couple of times. usually june. Nice camp spot. I fish primarily out of the tube. Alot of people are dragging gear and are successful. Maybe better for the bigger fish. I have had good success on mini leach , Dragons and mayfly nimphs. usually around the backsid of the island on the right, and in and around any log or stump. also up the left side as you leave the boat launch, there are some nice drop offs and log jams there as well.

Have fun

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been up there numerous times over the past years, and was looking to go there again this upcoming weekend. I was wondering if the gate was still locked, and if anyone had the number to call? I dialed the numbers from the other post, and to no avail. Any tips would be helpful.

Thank you in advance,

Chad

A

·
0 Posts
Weaver Lake

I spoke to the guy that runs the Weaver lake rec site, he also takes care of the Chehalis site, and asked him if the gate would be open....his response was " its always open ". Ya Right!!!!! The web page that lists all of the forestry sites states that it will be open from the May long weekend...I spoke with him on the tues after the weekend.... and then closing after the labour day weekend( in Sept). It will also be open on thanksgiving!!

So it's supposed to be open 24/7, now hopefully R.O Maintenaince doesnt play any games, cause they certainly have in the past.

Good luck , the fishing should be good with it being closed all winter. The last time i was there a crystal chennille wooly bugger trolled through the narrows worked great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, officially the gate is open! I went up there for Friday, and the weather was so-so. Lotsa sun, and then lots of rain, so I only stayed for the day. As for the fishing, it wasnt too bad. Wanted to try some spinning, and ended up catching 2 Small Rainbow on a wedding band. Later on, ended up catching a decent sized rainbow on the fly pole using a Wooly Bugger. Anyway, Fishing up there is the same as usual, lotsa fish to see and catch!

All the best.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts