BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Rob and I was registered on this site four or five years ago as either rob, prayingforain, or some other name... Anyways, I couldn't remember my username/password, or maybe it got deleted, so I made a new account...

I have been fishing since I was about five or six years old I think (I'm 22 now) and have lived in the Lower Mainland my whole life. Over the past sixteen (or so) years I have mostly bait fished, spincasted, or trolled for trout (usually rainbow) in the Lower Mainland, or Cariboo, but have also fished for salmon a bit (coho, sockeye, pink, and red spring (no luck catching a red though, even though some "professional guide" came by and gave my friend and I some "professional" tips)). I usually only go fishing about seven or eight times a year (some times day trips, other times multi-day trips) but am always trying to increase that number. I have always wanted to try fly-fishing so I'm planning on buying a float tube, fly rod, etc. this spring or summer and trying it out.

My favourite fish to fish for so far has been brook trout. I caught a few ~three pounders on light tackle (7ft., med. action rod, ~1/4 oz lead weight, single hook, and some bait) while I was shore fishing off the bottom of a nameless (for the purposes of this thread) body of water a couple of months ago and I had a great time. They were some of the biggest (weight wise), most beautiful trout I've ever caught and they made great table fare... Unfortunately, a different friend of mine then the one mentioned above and I might have caught the last four fish in the lake because I went back there a month later, at the same time of day, and didn't even get a nibble... But maybe it was just the weather ;).

Anyways, I found this site a few years ago when I was trying to find out when certain salmon species were running up the Fraser, Vedder, etc. Not only did I find this information but I also found information on the best method/locations to fish for these fish, and was able to ask questions about local lake fishing, post reports, etc. At the time this was the best site on the internet, that I could find, that provided a casual fisherman, and internet user, up-to date information on current river conditions, spawning status, etc. Unfortunately that has changed now, resulting in a decrease in the amount (and likely quality) of information that is available to a casual fisherman, and internet user, such as myself (until I make 20 "positive/quality" posts apparently) so hopefully these new rules are as beneficial as they are claimed to be.

I didn't make too much of a contribution to this site while I was originally a member (I might have posted 5 or 10 posts each year) and I probably never will (I don't have too much time to devote to this site). It's unfortunate that I have to start from 0 posts again, and post 20 quality posts (which might take a while) before I can access the fishing reports section but if that's the way it is that's the way it is.

Take 'er easy,
Rob

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello Rob

Sounds like Marquart Lake ;D . I remember fishing there the first time and thought we'd found the holy grail of lakes . 2 of us had 12 fish in about 2 hours , kept 2 , released the rest . Then went back 2nd trip , 3rd trip ,nothing LOL .

Brookies are AWESOME eating for sure !!

Happy fishing !!

allofthisforyou said:
My favourite fish to fish for so far has been brook trout. I caught a few ~three pounders on light tackle (7ft., med. action rod, ~1/4 oz lead weight, single hook, and some bait) while I was shore fishing off the bottom of a nameless (for the purposes of this thread) body of water a couple of months ago and I had a great time. They were some of the biggest (weight wise), most beautiful trout I've ever caught and they made great table fare... Unfortunately, a different friend of mine then the one mentioned above and I might have caught the last four fish in the lake because I went back there a month later, at the same time of day, and didn't even get a nibble... But maybe it was just the weather ;).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.