BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas

Looking to buy a new bait caster for float fishing for Steelhead and Coho. I'm going to do a search of this site as well for info but new reels are coming out all the time and was just wondering what kind of options would be good for a max budget of $200. Any feedback is helpful. Thanks in advanced.
Zach

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like Abu Garcia c6500 series; I use the c6501 because the handle is on the left side, and baitcasters with handles on the left side are hard to come by. It's probably the best baitcaster I've used; casts very far and smooth. It costs about $149.99 - $200 depending on what store you go to (I got mine at Berry's). And most importantly, if/when you do get a birdsnest, its not impossible to untangle the mess (most of the time).

The Abu c6500 or c6501 series is the one I'd recommend.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Have a look at this site http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/product_info.php?cPath=89&products_id=47696 Mike has a awesome pimped out abu for two hundred bucks. Ordered mine just before Xmas, Mike gave me $60 trade in on my old abu, can't wait to pick it up. Good deal for a nice real.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
My husband bought me the abu RCN61 (the left hander) Exactly the same as the photo above. It is a really nice reel - He even added a few extra bearing - so it is SMOOOTH. I have only used it a few times though mostly on the fraser where I have some back cast room. I went to the school yard and practiced with it - NOT a problem. Then we went to the vedder where there were sticks and bushes behind me and bang - birds nest! So I really have to get use to it - hopefully this summer on the Fraser. So my husband is using it - lol. Maybe thats why he bought it so he could use it :happy: Even though it is a left hand

·
Registered
84 Posts
A few you can choose from:

Low profile bait caster
Curado 200 dpv, low gear ratio, HEG, good drag (12lb+ max counter pleasure), ball bearing handle, Magnumlite® Spool, aluminum frame and handle side plate, SVS, price at around $150 + 12% tax.

Curado 300 same with 200 but with better drag (15lb+) and more line cap. $170-$190 + 12% tax.

Abu revo stx $180 + 12% tax (crazy 24lbs max counter pleasure) line cap. kind of low but it is built for braided line.

Daiwa supertune HSTA $190 + 12% tax
Daiwa coastal inshore - $130 + 12% tax

Round bait caster
Calcutta 200 - $180 + 12% tax
Calcutta 400 - $200 + 12% tax

the Abu ppl mentioned

They can all handle coho and steelhead. All price includes shipping. Do some search and you can most likely get a better deal than what I listed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.