BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the 2 new CO's in Maple Ridge are hitting the local flows hard already. After reports of people poaching springs because they where to lazy to read the regs :wallbash: the new CO's are now out in force hitting all the popular spots. Apparently they love to take gear as well as give a fine :thumbup: . The best part is since I am on these flows almost daily I now have their cell number and have been told to phone them directly instead of the RAPP line, this way the will respond within minutes :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I know a guy got a fine yesterday for not having his barb pinched all the way. They did a quick sweater test and gave him a fine. I guess it pays to buy barbless.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
that sounds great! You'd think they could afford to have more guys out there just by auctioning off gear they revoke as well as fines.
It would be interesting to see the numbers.

·
Registered
789 Posts
flyguy said:
Well I know a guy got a fine yesterday for not having his barb pinched all the way. They did a quick sweater test and gave him a fine. I guess it pays to buy barbless.
Not true, I bought 2 packs of barbless gammys and both packs had a few barbed hooks in them.... just cause the pack says barbless it pays to check them before hand.... that way you wont get a fine

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
FishFreak said:
flyguy said:
Not true, I bought 2 packs of barbless gammys and both packs had a few barbed hooks in them.... just cause the pack says barbless it pays to check them before hand.... that way you wont get a fine
Really?? Gamakatsu barbless and non barbless are two completly different hooks alltogether and would be made from different jigs from the factory. If they are factory Gamakatsu packaging this would never happen but I believe there are a couple stores that I know that package their own hooks, :hmmm:

·
Registered
789 Posts
Rick Baerg said:
FishFreak said:
flyguy said:
Really?? Gamakatsu barbless and non barbless are two completly different hooks alltogether and would be made from different jigs from the factory. If they are factory Gamakatsu packaging this would never happen but I believe there are a couple stores that I know that package their own hooks, :hmmm:
no clue but i bought 2 packs of barbless and i pulled 3 barbed hooks in total out of the 2 packs

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I always check every hook and I have never found a barbed hook in a barbless pack of gammies. This guy got a fine because he just did not pinch his barb enough. If he would of bought barbless he would of saved himself a $150.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Yup Rick the one store was selling FAKE gammys, with their own labels, the size 9 Sturgeon hooks I bought were either bending or having the tips break off on every fish I caught, I kept them to show but just decided to take my business and my jigs elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Unless the packages are sealed , what's stopping someone from comparing the two then accidentally
placing them back in the wrong pouch? I'm sure this does not happen often but certainly would be
embarrassing and costly to overlook the mix up.
Just like the additional moderaters we now have on this site,a few extra CO's on the rivers
sould bring some added relief in educating the public.

:beerchug: Marko

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.