BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up of the new DNE colored floats they come in green and gray like the dink floats :thumbup: the only thing i've noticed is the strong paint oder that they used to color the floats with.

scruffy

· Registered
1,199 Posts
Well Im sure they will be fine as I couldnt get the right color of kitimats so I picked up some bubble gum pink nail polish and added a nice splash on it and they worked awesome!! lol. I guess I should reiterate - in other words the smell of the polish did not bother the fish

G

·
I was Fishing this morning with D&E (Daniel) his friends and he had a bunch of the new floats and the clear look a like Drennan floats.

The new coloured floats smell like gasoline

· Registered
1,165 Posts
FishFreak said:
I was Fishing this morning with D&E (Daniel) his friends and he had a bunch of the new floats and the clear look a like Drennan floats.

when are the new clear ones coming out and do they look like the drennans.

G

·
flyguy said:
FishFreak said:

when are the new clear ones coming out and do they look like the drennans.
Not Sure

· Banned
2,854 Posts
i thought DNE had clear ones out called "stealth" floats and are clear just like drennans. i have used them and they work great but only come with red painted tops which my dad has a hard time finding due to colour blindness so i use yellow topped floats

only ones i have seen that are shaped like drennans are the solid white foam DNE floats with yellow tops.

HOOK

G

·
flyguy said:
stealth are made by someone else.
Stealth and D&E are 2 different companies, I dont really like the stealth floats to much, to many of the ones I had were filling up with water, for the price of the D&E they work great, they have to deal with that gas smell they have on the new ones and they will be sweet !!!

· Registered
840 Posts
Tell me something, you guys all know about floats and all. So if you were laying under water and looking up what would you see? would you see a light grey or white float, NO. But drag a black/dark grey/dark green float across the surface.

Why are white floats soo bad?

· Premium Member
3,684 Posts
I would imagine that nothing natural of that size,shape and color exists,so theoretically would be a

turn-off or cause unwanted consern . The connection between the movement of an overhead

object and a possible snack is not something we would not want to relate to our intended

target. no matter what the color is I'm sure. :2cents: Marko

G

·
jetboatjim said:
Tell me something, you guys all know about floats and all. So if you were laying under water and looking up what would you see? would you see a light grey or white float, NO. But drag a black/dark grey/dark green float across the surface.

Why are white floats soo bad?
Nothing wrong with the white floats I would use them over the new coloured ones, just cause they have a wicked gasoline scent to them i think from handling the floats then your bait would have a scent transfer from float to roe. who knows, but i think they all work just as good, I have seen lots of guys useing the white floats and they use felt pen and colour them black with a marker, i guess its just personal prefrence.

· Registered
1,165 Posts
for me it all depends on the clarity of the water. If it is cyrstal clear then it is the drennan if there is some color then I will go with the white dne.

· Banned
2,854 Posts
i have only been using the Green with Yellow top dink float and have had lots of fish strike them and take a few seconds to let go. often thought of attaching a hook but then i would be fishing with 2 :happy: LOL

i only tried the stealths once and didnt like them much they fished well however i dont like the clear floats because i have heard in sunny conditions that clear floats glow blue under the water. is this true? I think im going to get some green drennans, i just dont like the price for when you lose one :mad: expensive.

HOOK

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.