BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was recently informed by a friend of mine that he had talked to a CO. This CO mentioned that they will be cracking down and fining anyone who drives across moving water. Has anyone heard anything to this effect? It'll kinda put pegleg out a bit won't it?

· Registered
691 Posts
I do know that they just amended the Forests and Range Statutes Act, to include individules that are caught damaging the enviroment, in other words ripping up the forest or open fields. They were looking at bringing in laws to try and protest other areas like along the Vedder cannal and such, but to the best of my knowledge they haven't yet. And I think even if they do, it would be more geared towards, they guys that are doing actual damage. So best stick with the Tread softly moto :beerchug:

· Registered
1,437 Posts
Perhaps they are referring to areas like the water crossing to get to Herling Island. I believe that water is classed as a spawning channel and there were signs posted there once if not still.

GOFISH 8)

· Registered
413 Posts
A friend of mine got a written warning crossing to herling last year they told him one more and they would charge him with Molesting fish and fish habitat. :eek: Was very surprised about it then. So goes to show they could always get ya, now they are gonna focus on it.

· Registered
504 Posts
Hey Guys

All I can say is it about time. I have seen to many yahoos out flying around in various rivers with no concern for the fish or fry that inhabit the area. Earlier this year during the spring Fishfinder and I were out fishing Cutties and stopped in at Jesperson slough, the water was completely silted up and there was absolutely no visibility, we had been wondering what could be causing the problem until 3 or 4, 4x4's came ripping by right on the edge of the slough and then back and forth through it. We went back again the following weekend and there were no trucks to be seen and the water was back to normal with good visibility.

Centerpin 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.