BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey yall,

What can you use a shakespeare 7 ft PowerRod heavy action 30-50lb and a shakespeare arsenal hd conventional reel 300 yd's 80lb braided line for concerning fresh/salt water fishing?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Hmm, ok. That's what I was told. How about the size though. Like I know it can take a big fish but in what range? 50-100-200 etc?
Halibut,tuna,shark,sturgeon
That's big gun equipment (not top of the line but made for the bigger fish)

You're fishing for something.....?
You don't know what you have .....?
You have equipment you want to sell....?
It was found in an estate sale or Grandpa's basement..?

Get specific.
Three posts.....?
Hmmmmm................................

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I am glad you appreciate Scissorbill's comment SDPY, because he is spot on. You've come to the forum looking for opinions and info and yet you haven't told us a thing about yourself yet. :)

We have an introductions section near the top of the main forum page, there is also a site information section right above it. Given you are a new member, these would be good places to visit to acquaint yourself with the site and give the members a chance to meet you. Frankly, it will likely result in less questions such as scissorbill has asked here, and it will give them a chance to get to know you better.

Ultimately if you are looking for information this speeds things up quite a bit as it focuses the members on what you are asking instead of who is asking it.

Welcome aboard...:cheers:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, I will do that right now. Anyway all I wanted to know was a bit of information on what a rod, such as the one provided, could handle in any type of fishing case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts