BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Wow...get a load of the new digz....looks good bergler...it'll take some getting used to, but looks good...I noticed we are on eastern standard time though, if it helps to point out any glitches, there's one...
This must take a lot of work to change over...thanks for all the effort and for running such a great site...
Rib

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I've also noticed that pm's aren't showing up in the new format...we still get the notification by email, and can access them from that link, but nothing on the new main page...

·
Registered
550 Posts
Is this our Christmas present Rick :D ;D

I was mucking around with the forum layout options and wasnt able to post or veiw profiles for awhile. Working now again oh and looky here:

Actions
Ban this user
Delete this account

Muahaaahhaaaa :p

Looks good thanks for keeping us up and running!

Cheers

-Mike

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
sent test reply...the time issue, I adjusted it myself in my profile info...there's a time adjust option based on location, and a self detect option to set it to local time...maybe we need to each set that individually?

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
The time adjustment option is in Profile/look and layout preferences, under the label "time offset"...for anyone who's interested in changing that...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Nice Rick,,,,very nice,,,

I like the new look, although it will take a little getting used to like Rib said. Although it may be easier for the newer users like me to adjust since we havent had the older layout too engrained in our brains yet.

Anyways, I really have enjoyed this site, and it looks to be just getting better!! Thanks Rick!!

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
yeah looks good...I think for pm's, if members haven't done it already, you need to turn on the "pop up" notification option in your personal message options, this way you get a pop up showing when you have new messages...

This option is cool...

Steelhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
There are a lot of guests online right now...is that accurate? You can go to the "users online" section at the bottom of the page, and click on the title: "X guests, X users, (X hidden)" and see what everyone is looking at on the site...seems weird, but it shows guests looking at reports and stuff that I was under the impression guests couldn't look at unless they registered...most seem to be looking at stuff they have access to, but others are occasionaly shown as looking at reports in different sections, doesn't seem to be any at the moment, but there were a few minutes ago...is that a glitch? cool option though...

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
hey! What happened to that option I mentioned in my previous post...? Looks to be turned off now...too bad, that was an interesting tool...seems you can still use it though if you're not online...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey Rick,,, I didnt clear my cookies and had problems logging in so I changed my password using the tool online here,, so you know thats working. The only thing in my profile I had to change was the quote under my posts, somehow it got kinda screwed up during the transition - so that may be something people will report. I think it had to do with me enclosing the quote in actual quotes (""). It prefaced the quote with - quot:"

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Holy Cow! way to go this is awesome, lots of new options when posting :D

Mike

<"))))))>< <"))))))>< <")))))))>< <")))))))><
<")))))))>< <"))))))>< <")))))>< <")))))))><

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Hey Rick. This looks really good. With all the time you have spent on the 2 forums, I guess all your Christmas shopping is done. Thanks for this present!!

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Is there any way we can bring back that "users online" option for when we are logged in?

Oh by the way...what happens with our galleries with this change?

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Unfortionatly I cant bring that option back because, everyone will have access to members IP addresses! The gallery is still around, http://www.bcfishingreports.com/gallery/main.php but don't add anymore images. If anyone has images they need to save please do ASAP because I am going to change it! The one we have sucks!

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
You sure about that IP address thing Baerg? Maybe they were just visible to you due to your moderator/admin status? Maybe we should test it out? I know on another forum that I check from time to time, the same forum program is used, and you can't see any IP's using that option there...you can still use this option on our site if you are offline, but can't see IP's then either...just a thought...

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Test one two three, this is just a test of our new forum format. ....Marko... ;D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts