BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

· Registered
3,378 Posts
It is clear the BCFR community will continue to grow, but I am happy with the housekeeping that has been done and the future of the site will depend on participants, not lurkers...............I like the changes to date.........Ortho 8)

· Registered
413 Posts
Maybe 100 and 150 would be good :eek:

· Registered
235 Posts
I'm sure i'll get a little opposition to this, but that's okay. I have been a long time member of this site, from way back in the day just after it was started. At one point in time before one of the server crashes, I had a few hundred posts(I believe around 285). Since then, one major thing has changed for me, and that is kids. I now have limited time to fish, and even more limited time to sit by the computer and post about it when I do get to go. Making it 100 posts to get to the contributing member section may be a little steep for others that are in the same position as me. Maybe 75 would be a better number. Regardless of what happens, BCFR is still the best forum around, and the mods do a great job of keeping tabs on things. Keep up the good work.

Mark

· Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Good point steeliesrking,some have different priorities. This graduating system should provide
a little more insentive but what to do for those who have it all ? :D

:beerchug: Marko

· Registered
691 Posts
the mods have been doing a great job as aways :thumbup: i think if the counts were to go up then fishing reports should be 50posts and the members areas at 75.

scruff

· Banned
2,854 Posts
Comet, how do you think some of us reached over 1000 posts of course we through in some "nice fish" posts LOL especially CK those are his speciality :happy: well that and being in the Sin Bin (just kidding CK)

· Registered
185 Posts
i would be worried that if the minimum posts, just to see the reports is raised that there would be too many "garbage" posts in the other threads and that bcfishing reports would not grow because people would not want to wait and post to see the reports, rather they would just go to one of the other sites easily available on the net. i would agree to increase the 50 post club to 100 or something along those lines, but i would really like to see bcfishing reports grow and prosper(because its the best site around) and i dont think that raising the minimum posts would help.

my :2cents:

-fishey

· Registered
281 Posts
I'm kind of torn on this one. I don't like how if a new member were to do a report in the Freshwater section with their 1st post it will get moved into a section that they will have to make 19 more posts until they can view their own thread. It doesn't encourage the right type of growth in my opinion. It's quality over quantity. I really don't thnk post counts should be an issue on any type of open forum. But ultimately it's Rick and the mods desicion and I respect that.

· Banned
2,854 Posts
then maybe the idea someone else posted about Post and/or length of membership could make it better. HOWEVER you would have to be a contributing member not just a once per year poster and just riding along waiting to open the good stuff :thumbup:

· Registered
3,796 Posts
troutchaser said:
I'm kind of torn on this one. I don't like how if a new member were to do a report in the Freshwater section with their 1st post it will get moved into a section that they will have to make 19 more posts until they can view their own thread. It doesn't encourage the right type of growth in my opinion. It's quality over quantity. I really don't thnk post counts should be an issue on any type of open forum. But ultimately it's Rick and the mods desicion and I respect that.
Actually the mods try to leave those posts in the section posted until the new poster has attained 10 posts, then it is moved to the appropriate section.

· Registered
909 Posts
I could'nt agree with you guys on the post count limit raising. I think it helps to promote the members to be active in the site. Though the site has grown in the last year and there are a lot more junior members, it still only has a hand full of members who are regularly contributing, a larger handful mind you. As the site ages and grows so do the posting numbers and so should privileges to active members. There is alot of info to be found here for people that just want to scroll around and browse. 50 posts was a good start, but I agree it is time to raise the bar a little. There are those that have said they like to read but don't post alot, this is a forum, post thoughts ideas, questions, no question if asked sincerely is a stupid one, we all don't know everything about everything so ask questions, post thoughs on topics instead of just reading them. We have a great team of mods that are keeping this site a positive learning tool. Who knows by posting you may make some new friends here instead of just hiding behind a screen.
Cheers,
Crazy D

· Registered
897 Posts
I'm a bit new here (87 posts) and wouldn't mind at all if the post #'s were raised, I'll soon be at 100 ;D I agree with most of what the members have posted for reasons for doing this. I've been on quite a few sites and I must say this is the best run one I have been a member of. Keep up the good work.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.