BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

I am new to fishing, havn't fished in 20 years so I consider myself new since I remember nothing.

I want to get a spinning rod setup that I can use for everything from Lake Trout to Pinks in the river, but am unsure of what I need for a rod and line. What line weight should I be looking for? I have been looking at a medium rod with line weight of 6-21. I have seen varying line weights indicated across the net, so I am confused as to what the ideal line weight would be.

Thanks for any and all advice!

-Todd

·
Retired Administrator
4,448 Posts
use for everything
Hi Todd,

If there was such a thing I would own it and my wife would be a lot happier. Instead, I have a rod and reel setup for every type of fishing and each has a different type and pund test line on it. I think you're OK to go with a medium action rod but because you're in CR and will be no doubt hitting the rivers in the area I would suggest at least a 9 or 10 foot rod. The Shimano's are nice and light but are of good quality and feel. If you go with a superline or 'braid' then you'll be able to spool it up with more line due to the small diameter of these lines which again opens up more opportunities fishing wise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts