BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I am an experienced trout fly angler from Alberta, new to Vancouver. Extremely eager to experience what BC fishing is all about. I'm not looking for anyone to share their secret spots, just a push in the right direction in terms of where to flyfish this time of year and what I can look forward to.

Much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Welcome aboard! To keep things simple, the biggest bang for your buck on the fly right now would be to check out the interior still water fishing for rainbow trout. Locally there is decent lake fishing to be had as well. Hit up your nearest fly shop in Vancouver, and they'll be sure to point you off in the right direction report wise to get you started.

Finder :cheers:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Welcome to B.C first of all. There are a ton of locall lake that you should have some luck at. Get a local lake map book and start checking out the ones closest to you. Harrisson west and east has a couple nice little lake that are easily accessible. What type of Boat or tube do you use?? From shore?? Also are some nice little lake's that you can hike into if your interested? There is a really nice little lake at the top of Lieumchen MNT. Not sure about that spelling. You would need a 4x4 to get up to the parking lot but from there its about an hour hike and if you get there you will definatly be catching fish from shore. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome to God's Country (B.C.) So many opportunity's to be had here it would be next to impossible to know where to start, but a good selection of the most common fly's would be a great place to start with a little homework you will be well on your way.
As stated previously talk to those at the local fly and tackle shops, and if I may offer my :2cents: buy yourself a Backroads Mapbook it will be a tremendous help in finding some of the waters you here of and has some decent general information concearning species and size of fish.

Tight Lines;
Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.