BC Fishing Reports banner

New to BCFR

Tags
bcfr
1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  TheBigGuy 
#1 ·
Last year about this time I bought a boat. I thought I'd buy a boat for the kids to get out and ski and tube, etc. The best deal on a decent boat I found happened to be a small 18ft Center Console Campion Explorer. It was great to take the kids out, but as I later learned it was really meant to fish.

It wasn't until February this year that I started to go actually fishing in the harbour. I spent countless days putting the boat in at Ambleside, and trolling up and down West Vancouver for feeder chinook. I caught my first legal sized fish (24") about 20 days into fishing, it was a thrill! I continued fishing 3 - 4 times a week there, and didn't really catch much for Feb, March, or much of April. I did however, keep my wife happy with a freezer full of crab.

At the end of April I finally caught my first real chinook, a 16lber right near the bell bouy. As everyone knows, that feeling is hard to match. I had to get more of that! I quickly learned to listen in on the charter guys chatter, and to read this forum. Before long I found myself heading out to Thrasher and the Grande for more fish. The very first time I went to Thrasher I was there for only 10 minutes before I had a "double header" and got them both to the boat, and went home a ver happy man.

I took my wife up to Tofino and we took a Charter and got our fill of Chinook and Halibut... even she is excited for me to fish (although it may just be to get me out of the house).

My dad is coming into town next weekend, and I'm sure he'd never survive a trip across to Thrasher... so if anyone can give me some hints to pick up some fish in the harbour, or as far out as QA it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.