BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to become more familiar with proper fishing techniques on the Fraser as to what is the most effective. I am hearing for Kings, bar fishing is generally the best. On the other side of the coin, others say bottom bouncing. All I have done in the past is fished for Sockeye and everyone I went with bottom bounced with a 3/0 hook and corkie, 2 ounce ball and 10 ft leaders. I hooked a few kings this way but never landed them. Is there a more effective way for getting kings or is bottom bouncing just what everyone does? I have not tried bar fishing so if that is better, could someone offer some insight. Thank you very much for any help.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I will not comment about the "appropriate" methods as this could lead into another BB / Bar Fishing war quite easily.

Personally, I Bar Fish for Springs. I have 7 on my license already in 8 trips (Sat/Sun the last 4 weekends) .... all reds (6 Bucks - 1 Doe). Bad side is .... I'm only allowed 3 more ........ :cry:

As to which is better to "CATCH" fish ....... I guess you have to have confidence in what you do for it to work. Although I am well capable of BB'ing with the best of them ..... I have Bar Fished for years and the results prove it catches fish.

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your input. Any bar fishing recommendations or suggestions?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, if anyone is interested, I am usually by myself so it would be much nicer if someone would like to join me for some company and education on the Fraser. I have a boat or am willing to provide money to cover expenses aboard another.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts