BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new to posting to the forum. Been browsing the site for a while and like what it has to offer!

I'm a 26 y/o Kayak fisherman. Been fishing my whole life but have only been kayak fishing for just over a year and love it! Still have lots to learn and tinker with but getting better every time I hit the water.

Any other Yak fisherman on this board? Would love to start a Yak fisher group in the Lower Mainland (if there isnt one already!).

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Yes! I have a Ocean Kayak, big game prowler. I run a Humminbird finder, scotty rigger. I mostly just fish the salt-chuck, but do some lakes now and again. I also have a 23ft Grady hard top that's rigged up to carry my kayak to the productive grounds around Van and the gulf islands... ALWAYS looking for others to join!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good stuff damnfish!
My buddy & I are just getting into the Salt within the last few months. I've done quite a bit on the chuck with a boat but the Yak is still new. We've been through a lot of the lakes here and the interior. We've had some good success around the mouth of the Cap the last few weeks. I havent tried to hookup a Scotty rigger on my yak yet but am running a humminbird too.
I'll send you a PM and hopefully we can get out sometime soon.
The more Yak fishers the better! Lets keep this thread going!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Welcome to BCFR! Looks like you've already found someone who shares your passion. Cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Helllooooooo!!!!! Doesn't look like this thread has gone anywhere. I live in Chilliwack and have a OK Prowler 13 angler and bought the wife a Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 last summer. Haven't been able find many people that I can hook up with to do some salt fishing in the yak. I get out on the Vedder around the mouth by the Fraser have floated down the Harrison for some fish. I also head to interior lakes when I can but it is usually by myself. Would love to get to know some others that share the passion for fishing from a Yak. I go by Chilliwangler on a few kayak fishing forums. Drop me a line if you are interested in heading out somewhere.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Hey Chilliwangler. Welcome to BCFR. great site. Tons of info. I dont fish from yak but i do fish on the ved a fair amount. Looking forward to seeing some reports in the near future. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Helllooooooo!!!!! Doesn't look like this thread has gone anywhere. I live in Chilliwack and have a OK Prowler 13 angler and bought the wife a Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 last summer. Haven't been able find many people that I can hook up with to do some salt fishing in the yak. I get out on the Vedder around the mouth by the Fraser have floated down the Harrison for some fish. I also head to interior lakes when I can but it is usually by myself. Would love to get to know some others that share the passion for fishing from a Yak. I go by Chilliwangler on a few kayak fishing forums. Drop me a line if you are interested in heading out somewhere.
I'll have my Prowler in Ukee in September to fish the bigger chinook when they're closer to shore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got a Hobie pro angler that is use for freshwater up here on Haida Gwaii. I've used it for touring around in the salt as well, and am planning to hit the Coho later in the summer in it!

·
Registered
57 Posts
A few weeks ago I picked up a Pursuit Angler 100 (a cheapy 10' from Canadian tire) along with my first fly rod (not from Canadian tire :). I've been on the water 12 days since and I'm addicted! Nothing beats the tranquility and freedom of hopping in my 4x4 and heading up to a high water lake for some trout fishing in my boat. I've put over 2000 kms on my truck in the past few weeks and countless hours on the water. I'm excited about hitting some sub alpine lakes for some back country camping and fishing this weekend. Anyone else heading out in their kayak? Weather forecast is perfect!

As well I will be heading up Indian arm to do some fishing at the mouth of the Indian river. Can't wait to get pulled around by some pinks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Shorepig,

I've got a cheapo canoe from CT (and also recently bought my first fly rod from Pacific angler) and will also be heading out indian arm in a week or so chasing a few pinks. I figure the canoe will allow me to get just far enough away from the gong show along the shores and allow to learn the fly rod much better.

Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts