BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fished alot of streams in eastern ontario and a bunch in calgary but never out here for the big guys.

Was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a few decent spots to catch a sokeye, i know this weekend is probably not the best to go out but i have the bug.

Was going to go to peg leg but form reading some of the posts it sounds very hit and miss.
Anyway any help is welcomed

Thanks

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
your best bet is to go to a bar on the river where the whole Fraser passes AKA. Scale bar, St. Elmo, Jones (half the river) those are some examples

my dad and i hit Pegleg to see how it was after we were at Bowmans this morning and the river flow is best about 75% of the way acroos the river meaning it is only maybe 50-75 feet off the BOAT in side

makes it very hard to cast ALL THE WAY across to get into the good channel it was also very very slow in the couple hrs we were there

apparently the fish run alot more spread out really early AM before sun really hits the water and also late at night from about 5PM till dark

hope this helps

tight lines

HOOK

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks alot hook, i think my wife and i are going to go watch at peg leg and then if its not to busy toss out a few.
but more than likely will go to st elmo, we have been doing alot of reading on here and another site. the spots you named are the ones that come up the most, we will hopefuly post a pic or two tomorrow.

thanks again

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well we got skunked today but enjoyed the weather thats for sure. the water temp was just right for swimming. lol, had no idea it would be so warm. the bow river never warmed up like that.
We left the north shore here at 5:30 and ended up at peg leg around 6:45. it was shoulder to shoulder along the shore but some space in the left corner. we would have had to wade out anout 10' or so. but since we were new we thought we go somewhere in the middle. we spent most of the day dead center between the concrete factory and the peg leg bar. tones of fish jumping and running around us but we didnt get a single hit.
i varied my yarn or floss from pink to red to green as well as my leader length from 6-12 feet. even tried adding a few beads.

We moved over to the peg about 1:00 but went waaaay right to stay out of traffic, maybe next time i will rub shoulders with the next guy but i had to test my casting. never thought the reel would be so much different.

we are goning to try and go out again tomorrow but dont want to go as far if possible, we have the bug now. cant wait for the next run, hopefuly we will be more prepared and have more expirience.

we may just try the mouth of the cap river tomorrow since it is so close.

I dont know if we were doing anything wrong or not? we seemed to be set up prety much the same as everyone else. none the less it was fun to see the fish moving up the river and nice to get out of the city. though, lol. would have been nicer without all the dirt bikers ripping around and stirring up dust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts