BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after reading many of the posts in the last few weeks i am looking for some guidance on how to rig my setup to fish ethically. the only way that i have been tought to fish the fraser is bottom bouncing. i am not sure what to use for lures (spoons etc.), and weight setups as well as drifting with a float on the river. can you fish with a float on the fraser or is it too fast. how much weight do i need and what types. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

G

·
thatton said:
after reading many of the posts in the last few weeks i am looking for some guidance on how to rig my setup to fish ethically. the only way that i have been tought to fish the fraser is bottom bouncing. i am not sure what to use for lures (spoons etc.), and weight setups as well as drifting with a float on the river. can you fish with a float on the fraser or is it too fast. how much weight do i need and what types. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
A basic 7 foot trout rod and spinning reel will work right now for the pinks, you can use either a variety of lures, Crocs,K-Wobblers (If you can find them) Kit-a-mats, hot shots, deadly dicks, anything thats pink or green of some sort, just cast it out let it sink a bit and slowly reel it in, when you feel the line tighten set the hook, i just tie on a snap swivel on the main line and attach the spoon to that , that way its easier to switch up you rlures with out cutting and retying your main line all the time, the weight of the spoon is enough on its own to cast no extra lead needed unless your tossing spinners, but spoons have been working best,if you want a more descriptive answer PM ME !!!!

Army and Navy has a daiwa Shock 7 foot rod and spinning reel on sale right now for $19.99 a few of my friends including myself bought this setup and its alot of fun with a pink on it. For a cheapy setup it works wonders for the pinks nice and light and strong enough to get the pinks in

·
Registered
694 Posts
Roe_Pig said:
Bar fishing is done from shore or boat. Put on a spin n'glo or bait and cast it into the river and wait for the fish to bite. Little skill involved.

I take offence to that, do you know how hard it is to sleep and keep a ear out for that bell to go off, years of training have gone into for me and others who pursue fish this way ;)

In the upper (chilliwack-hope) sections of the river it takes 14-20oz. of lead to stick a bar rig to the bottom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.