BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a quick day of wetting a line yesterday, didn't think that I would make it out today. Woke up at a bit after 9 in the morning, looked outside and the weather looked good. Played on here for a bit, then figured what the heck, I'm going to head out. Made it to a spot that I had been thinking about trying for a while, but hadn't in a couple years at about 11:30, wandering in threw the bushes finding a rather nice piece of emerald green water, the vis was good at about 3 feet or so. Made a couple casts in close, nothing. Then spotted a nice seem about 80 feet or so out. Made a cast into the seem, about 10 seconds nto the drift, I feel a bump. Hookset came up empty, but I did have a shredded roe sack, so I throw another one on, plant a cast in the same spot and what would you know, another bump, so this time, thinking I set the hook to fast the first time, I give it a count to one and the float rockets under again. Set the hook and GAME ON!! :eek: A beautiful steelhead comes rocketing out of the water and proceeds to cartwheel for what seemed like forever, she then catches some water and goes on a real nice run down river. Now at this point, I have probably about a 100 yards of line out, so I take off after the hot fish, crawling under a couple of trees and stumbling on rocks. Finally I have gained ground and this beauty is sitting right out in front of me holding. I am not sure who is more tired me or the fish!! ;D Soon after that, this piece of chrome comes to hand.

So after the day was 2.5hrs of driving and about 30 min of fishing including one heck of a battle!! :D
Was also the first time out with the new combo!! Which worked awesome. Didn't get to use it much :D, but it performed flawlessly. ;)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Gotta love those new luna's! nice fish there!

Hotrod

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
musicman said:
Hey !! Nice fish and even nicer rod !!
Now thats the way way to break in the new combo

Great Job

Musicman
;D ;D That's what I was thinking!! But, I don't know if it is totally broken in yet. I only made 4 casts with it!! Think I will have to make it out there soon to break it in again!!! ;D ;D

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First thoughts on it, I love it. But will have to use it more in the near future. A lot more!! ;D

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
LoL...nice fish guys...Birdman, what did you do, bleed the fish with your teeth? LoL! ;D Is that blood all over your face...? :eek:

·
Banned
279 Posts
When I ripped the gills a surge of blood was being pumped out and it shot out all over my face. We took the picture because we thought it was kind of funny.

·
Retired Administrator
4,448 Posts
Nice fish Big Steel and Birdman! The bloody photo is hardcore! I know of a lot of magazines down south that would love to publish that photo! No doubt the fish went to good use - roe, bbq or smoker - you can't really tell with all the gore! ;D

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
redrum..........redrum!!!!!...........REDRUM!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry 'bout that....(exam time) ;D All work and no play makes rib a dull boy..... :D

·
Registered
648 Posts
c'mon Birdman, you ripped the gills out with your teeth, it's that crazed look in your eyes that gives it away!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
You sure that's not the blood from the guy that tried to step in below you! :eek:

Good shots and a big fish!

Horod

1 - 19 of 19 Posts