BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Nicola Lake Sunday and Monday. Caught about 20 fish mixed between kokanee and rainbows, most were smaller but a couple in the 2lb. range. The lake was real windy in the afternoons but first thing in the morning was beautiful both days and the fish were surfacing all over the lake.. Lot's of Chronimids hatching! Anyway I suggest a boat and motor for Nicola due to the winds, it made for some intense paddling in the canoe! Most fish were caught on black and red chronies and also on small spinners.
Cheers!
.gibbs.

· Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Thanks for the report on that big lake. Both Nicola and Stump can be pretty scary at times when the wind rolls in.

Most fish were caught on black and red chronies and also on small spinners
Interesting. How deep did you have your presentation? Most people think small lakes when fishing chironomids but the big lakes have them too!

· Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Big Green Machine said:
Thanks for the report on that big lake. Both Nicola and Stump can be pretty scary at times when the wind rolls in.

Most fish were caught on black and red chronies and also on small spinners
Interesting. How deep did you have your presentation? Most people think small lakes when fishing chironomids but the big lakes have them too!
I used the chronies in the morning when it wasn't windy,, I was catching fish at between 10 -12 ft below surface, I was in quite close to shore trying to fish the shoal. When the wind picked up i just paddled around trolling spinners it was real effective , but tricky to throw your paddle and set the hook when your rod starts bobbin!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.