Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Super Moderator
Join DateFeb 2006LocationOfficially MerrittAge45Posts2,404 Rep Power7
Nicola Valley Outdoors report

Fishing Report for May 11, 2010

Stable weather.
As soon as it we have three nice days in a row the fishing should be great.

Once again I was on Roche last Sunday. My buddy and I worked hard for the three fish we landed. I landed one on a tan/olive shrimp. After checking out it’s stomach contents we deduced the fish was full of daphnia. And four chironamids. Two more were duped by my friend with a size 14 chironamid red with pearl bead.
Did I mention we were hailed on for 25 minutes in between the sunny bits and wind?
The young boy and his dad trolling with a willow leaf and a wedding band tipped with a worm seemed to have a fish on every pass they made past us. It was good to hear the lad so excited and having fun. “ You are so proud of me aren’t you dad! “

Gwen and Lily are open and from our sources fishing fairly.

The Kane lakes also produced some numbers of fish last week for anglers who were willing to work at it.

Harmon should be getting going as well.

Lundbom has been producing with a black mini/micro leech under an indicator.

The word is also black leeches trolled slowly in Kentucky and Alleyne.

Peterhope Lake was good for a few folks last weekend as well.

Egg sucking leeches trolled with a med sink line or on a spinning rod have produced good fishing in Nicola Lake for a couple of our lucky anglers. Apparently all manner of species were landed.

The classic combo of a bobber and a worm is still producing just about everywhere as well.
Walloper would be a good bet for this technique. Especially with the kids on a sunny afternoon.

One lucky angler at Logan lake caught a couple right off the dock.

So I have been out twice this year already, things are looking up!

Maybe I will see you out there after all.

Get out and have fun.
One for the pan is nice to.

Tight Lines
Fred Watts
Nicola Valley Outdoors
250-378-9211​

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well hi--- phearless--- first let me say thankx for the up date, me and the wife are up to Roche soon her.????? is the lake level up or down from last year, for launching purposes. We hope the chronies work great this year, as I have been tying as many as I can. We just have to get past the wind this time ,
( me ) well I am not the best caster yet.
Well I have to run chat at you soon thanx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts