BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive by Nicomen Slough every morning on my way to work. In the last week guys are parking at the pumphouse on the Lougheed by Crack Gas to fish where Norrish Cr. dumps in. My question is, what are they fishing for? Bass, carp????

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bill, these guys are driving beaters, not new Hondas or VWs like the ones parked at Hatzic. I'll check it out again tomorrow morning, maybe get an interview or two. Funny you mentioned Hatzic, every morning when I pass the gas station at Sylvester Rd. I cough a couple times, clear my throat, roll down the windows, and yell out POACHER. You see a few heads pop up in the rear view everytime! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bill said:
I still have some C.I. L. lures left over from my last fishing trip, you guys want to use them. >:D
No its ok Bill, dew worms are probably the ticket because of the high bank there, the worms are more than likely falling into the water all the time cause they're lost. You gotta think like a fish... :eek:

·
Registered
116 Posts
No its ok Bill, dew worms are probably the ticket because of the high bank there, the worms are more than likely falling into the water all the time cause they're lost. You gotta think like a fish... :eek:
[/quote]

Forget the worms. All your going to do is gut hook the Cutts. Just as bad as flossing. :naughty:

That part of the Slough is not slow water. Your fishing a river in that area. These guys are fishing for Cutthroat, early Ho's or possibly a very very late winter Steel. Maybe they have no clue and just decided to go fishing. Having said that most people that fish that spot usually know something since it's not overly popular compared to the lower end of the slough.

Do Carp spawn in fast water?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.