BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm interested in fishing nicomen slough, though I haven't been out to it before. I've heard you can't fish past a certain spot. Is that true? Also, would spincasting a spoon/blade work as opposed to barfing. I'm also interested in launching an inflatable with electric motor and perhaps trolling or anchoring and casting. Is there a place to launch not too far from the fishing area? There's a similar thread on another site but I'm wondering if anyone experienced people on this site could perhaps advise. Thanks all :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
There is a boat launch down at the mouth of the slough by the Fraser, just keep going down past the Dewdney Pub. The launch is closed right now because of the low water. There is a sign on the hwy 7 bridge [viewed from the water], that says ,no power boats past this point, there is nothing in the reg's about this, a call to DFO in Mission might be a smart thing to do.As for fishing, it should be ok now for Cutties , Oct and Nov for Coho and Chum, spin casting, trolling, fly fishing, and bar fishing all work, from shore or boat. If your inflatable isn't too big, you could put it in at the Deroche bridge [it's a short steep bank]. Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.