BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it up to Nile Creek for the weekend to try my hand at flyfishing off the beach for Pink Salmon. My first time and no luck for me. Pinks had not shown up yet. A few trickled in the last night and the next morning and two were caught but overall the fish had not arrived yet and it was slow.

Most guys showed up, looked, and left. They tended to show up during the flood tide and high tide leading me to believe this is the best time as perhaps the fish float in with the tide. I found the extreme high tide difficult as there was lots of seaweed in the water and invariably you would hook some on every cast.

Some cutties around but I did not try to target them.

Can't wait to try it agian. Maybe beginning of August they will be there. I've heard up island is going off already.

Tips:

Remember to bring band aids or stripping guards for your fingers. (I went through three fingers in three days). That was just from stripping line in. Can't imagine what would have happened if i hooked into one and it stripped line through my fingers.

Take sunblock as well.

· Registered
781 Posts
Thanks for the report. I will hopefully be heading over to the rock this weekend looking up island for some bigger boys but I wouldn't mind running into some pinks. I will report when i get back.

· Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Thanks for sharing, I was there from July 12-21 and fished most evenings for cutties. I caught a couple but for the amount of time I put in I would say it was mostly practising casting and enjoying the company and scenery for me. Saw 1 pink caught. We were fishing dry flies for the cutties. Great spot. I also fished the Bid Q and Little Q for cutties and it was slow but I did manage a couple of nice cutties under the Inland Higway Bridge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.