BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!
I am newbie. I have been in one of tackle shops and guy who works there told that there is no pink salmon run this year. Last year there was a pink salmon run starting in September. So I am not sure if guy is right or not. Do pink runs each year, once each two years or what?
Please clarify.
Thanks a lot!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Along the South Coast they run only in odd numbered years in the rivers. In the north they run every year Ex: Terrace, Prince Rupert etc. They return way younger than the other salmon. Pinks are generally a two year fish. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
901 Posts
not to throw a bit of confusion in here but
i was fishing the beach for Ho's yesterday
and a group of us saw a few Humpies jumping in amongst the Ho's :shock:
So there is a small return on even years just not enough to fish for :wink:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
very slight chance it might be the indian river pinks? that also depends on where u were beach fishing?

C.K.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just got back from fishing the rivers inlet area for 5 days. The head guide at our lodge told us that Johnston Bay was full of pinks waiting to spawn. Unfortunatly the creek(Johnston Creek) had little or no water in it. As a result most of the fish would prbably die in the next couple weeks. :cry:

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
coho_killer said:
very slight chance it might be the indian river pinks? that also depends on where u were beach fishing?
C.K.
CK.....I have been up on the Indian River, but never specfically fishing. I have seen pinks in there, but is it a complete run of "nil" on every second year (even years?) or are there still some that show up?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.