BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any fishing way, WAY up north as I am heading up there in a week? I can't find any info on anyhting up there!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Fished the Kenai and it was wonderful, kings, the river, then offshore for Hali. Probably will go do that again. Up North for you, no help, but I think you will have the trip of your life, enjoy.

You will be in the float/bush planes, not to worry very good flights. Thanks. Salt.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on man, the only problem is that the ocean is still frozen off Nome!

Appartently the rivers are moving, so the greyling, trout and EARLY Spring Salmon will be around

Hopefully I get at least something!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'm jealous man! :twisted: Have fun with the grayling...make sure you give us a report when you return! Cheers! -Nathan in NW

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A little early for the salmon, but MAN the dollys and trohpy greyling were unbelievable! Any kind of minnow pattern was a sure thing. The best part though was that the sun didn't go down so I could fish at any time! (and the bars didn't close until 3 so I could get all pissed then stumble to the river) :p

By the way, greytling are ugly little mothers

- Wookie

·
Registered
347 Posts
You get a little more time, could you give a little more detail on your trip. Wife and I will be back up there fishing within the year( say August, 07). Thanks. Salt.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Grayling are ugly? What the hell? I regard these fish as the prettiest in the world! Dude yer crazy!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AS FOR THE TRIP, I flew from anchorage to Nome, partied there for a few days, and headed out with a buddy on one of the only roads (to the Northeast) to an area called Council, which is around the Fish river system (where 3 medium sized rivers converge)

basically, I fished from shore intermittantly throughout the day tossing various minnow patterns (epoxy, muddlers, etc) and WHAM! one after another....it actually got kinda rediculous as one fish would chase it as another would come out of nowhere and steal it. I rendered about 10 flies useless as they got really chewed up...good times

The greyling were considered "trophy" (or so I was told by the locals), as they were anwhere from about 10 inches to over 18 (1-4 pounds)

The dollies were more agressive and more than a few worked my 8-9 weight really hard, peeling line all over the place. They were between 2 and 5 pounds

Thats pretty much it - beer, guns, boats and fly rods!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts