BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being new to fishing on the coast I have one piece of data that I am finding difficult to source. I understand that it is variable but when are we expecting Lingcod and Rockfish season to open in zone 16? I can't even seem to locate historical data on these openings, only when they close.

I was looking forward to a weekend of bottom bouncing on May 10-12 but I am informed that may be a no go. Any thoughts? historic data links?

Thanks

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
[QUOTEI was looking forward to a weekend of bottom bouncing on May 10-12 but I am informed that may be a no go. Any thoughts? historic data links?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

This is a some what accepted ,if not contavercial at the best of times, method of harvesting sockeye in the fraser only
and all other targeted species are to be done so through selected means ie. Bar fishing . There may be an outside chance this year but usually not untill the first week of august or there about.

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
Being new to fishing on the coast I have one piece of data that I am finding difficult to source. I understand that it is variable but when are we expecting Lingcod and Rockfish season to open in zone 16? I can't even seem to locate historical data on these openings, only when they close.

I was looking forward to a weekend of bottom bouncing on May 10-12 but I am informed that may be a no go. Any thoughts? historic data links?

Thanks
First off, you named this thread 'Salmon Openings,' but you refer to catching Ling and Rockfish?

Because you mentioned bottom bouncing in the salt I assume for Ling and Rockfish, not Salmon

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
Actually the title reads Non Salmon Season Opening James so my bad but My post on bb ing the fraser stands....:)

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Lingcod and Rockfish: Reminder of closure
Fishing for lingcod and rockfish will close October 1, 2013 until further notice:

• Lingcod in Areas: 12-1 to 12-13, 12-15 to 12-48, 13 to 19, 20-5 to 20-7 and 29-5.
  • Rockfish (Rockfish and Yelloweye Rockfish in the aggregate) in Areas: 12 to 19, 20-5 to 20-7 and 29-5.
Watch this page

·
Registered
170 Posts
I doubt he meant "bottom bouncing" as it sounds like he will be in the ocean.
Probably meant fishing near the bottom.

As everyone knows, bottom bouncing uses the river current to move a swinging hook around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts