BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning on heading down to Vancouver Island from Tsawassen from Thursday to Saturday
want to do some fishing But I dont have a Boat. Is there any Near Shore i Can fish into ....what is there to catch rockcods, lingcods, bass?? Any advice would help
as well as what i should be using. And yesss as you might have figured out by now im a total noob just wanna leave richmond for few days to get away and catch some decent size fish.
:D

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Im planning on heading down to Vancouver Island from Tsawassen from Thursday to Saturday
want to do some fishing But I dont have a Boat. Is there any Near Shore i Can fish into ....what is there to catch rockcods, lingcods, bass?? Any advice would help
as well as what i should be using. And yesss as you might have figured out by now im a total noob just wanna leave richmond for few days to get away and catch some decent size fish.
:D
Vancouver Island is a BIG island.....where are you headed? Victoria, Cowichan, Duncan, Nanaimo, Parksville, Campbell River, Qualicum or one of the MANY other places on the island.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vancouver Island is a BIG island.....where are you headed? Victoria, Cowichan, Duncan, Nanaimo, Parksville, Campbell River, Qualicum or one of the MANY other places on the island.

I was thinking Victoria unless some other place has some better fishing from the shore

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I am from Vancouver so can't help you too much but there is the jetty/breakwater in the Victoria area which I have "heard" of people catching fish from. I would look for any area that may have some "steeper" rocks where you can cast into some "deeper" water as opposed to just beach fishing. I don't think you're going to find much for beachin' for salmon at this time of the year until the coho start to show up.

As far as "what" to use. I would try just chucking out buzzbombs at this point if you are just looking for lings or rockfish. They are going to be a bit heavier than spinners, spoons etc so you may be able to get some decent distance on your casts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
re Noob going to the island

There is good bass and trout fishing from the shore at elk/beaver lake which is located on hwy 17 midway between swartz bay and victoria, try zara spooks or poppers for the smallies (up to 5lb) and floating power bait for the trout (up to 6 lb). Salt water can include fly fishing for cutthrouts at bazan bay, casting off the rocks in oak bay or the victoria waterfront . there are numerous lakes around and in victoria for smallies ,perch ,rainbow and cutthroat trout. if you are adventurous you might try casting from the rocks on the west coast trail for big chinooks (columbians)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts