BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a friend just came home today from a trip in the Nootka area and had approx 15 hook ups on springs, vaying 15 -30 lbs. averaging 22-25lbs and they lost 2 they figured were 35 pounds. They put a 100lb and 2 30lb halis in the boat and hammered ling cod between 15-30lbs and several yellow eyes from 8-10 lbs in the process. Damn. I missed out :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Water,

Any chance you could ask your buddy where they went for the hali, aproximately????. (coords would be sweet but is prolly asking too much) I am heading next week and thats the one thing I would love to find out more about! Thanks in advance

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He told me it was a "new" spot so I am assuming he'd never been there. We might get out then too and if I talk to him and we plan it, I'll ask exactly where we are going and give you a heads up. He's pretty tight lipped out of respect for the guys that show him places.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ya i hear ya about being tight lipped and i fully understand that! Worth a try though if you find anything out that'd be awsome... maybe see you up there!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Try around Pin Rock :wink: for Hali on the outside of Esparanza inlet.
We never got out this time as the Gales were blowing one day and fog the next, (no GPS) so we had to be content fishing inside, Ten guys twenty five springs landed, sixty six lost. Biggest 28.5lbs smallest 14lbs. great trip going back on Aug 11th.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts