BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for links to information about salmon fishing Nootka Sound.

Trolling / lure tips, etc.

Thanks

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
I noticed that too Pippen. I think we need to lure them over here. Way more features and iPhone friendly too. It also has a lot more saltwater posts.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I noticed that too Pippen. I think we need to lure them over here. Way more features and iPhone friendly too. It also has a lot more saltwater posts.
Ha.....ya you bet there are more Islanders over there. It's the mindset of those "island-folk"....segragated.....different. :p ;)

I noted your post in the thread over there about some app for iphones and BBerry's. You wanna PM me the info about it? I have a BBerry and I can not view this forum anymore from it since the software changeover. It's a new Berry too.....the BB Tour and it won't let me log in; I just get spun around in circles. ???

·
Registered
1 Posts
99% of the folks I see in Nootka are trolling. My favorite setups are anchovies in a hood (green glow, clear, green with dark top/light bottom), hootchies (white, white glow, green splatter back) and different variations of chrome spoons. I can give you more specific info if you ask more specific questions.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
99% of the folks I see in Nootka are trolling. My favorite setups are anchovies in a hood (green glow, clear, green with dark top/light bottom), hootchies (white, white glow, green splatter back) and different variations of chrome spoons. I can give you more specific info if you ask more specific questions.
We're going to be staying at a camp in the inlet next week (1st week of August)....
As we have a smaller boat (15'), we had hoped to only venture out into the sound if seas were calm. As such, should there be many fish in the inlet at that time? We have hoochies, spoons, and plugs. We may also get some anchovies from the camp. What areas typically produce? How does one tell if salmon are going after the larger bait (how does one know if pilchards are present)? Anything else you can think of would be appreciated.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts