BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked out Norrish earlier in the year during Coho season, and I was wondering if there are Steelhead in there now. If so, is it worth it or is my time better spent on the Vedder if I'm heading out to the valley?

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
There are steelhead in Norrish. You just have to put in your time, research a bit, and work a little harder to get them...I believe that one year the norrish was even stocked with chilliwack river strains...like any low profile stream, river or creek in the lower mainland, steelhead return there, be it in almost non-existent numbers, to sometimes surprisingly good returns...

Many who enjoy the solitude and uniqueness of many smaller systems practice catch and release only, whatever you decide to do, fish within the regs, but also consider why many locals would choose to practice C&R...

Go out, explore...and of course, fish responsibly. ;)

rib

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
MOE should still be stocking this stream, anything short of that is criminal, they have a hatchery right there, what does our $%@%$ overpriced steelhead tag pay for??.

The last handful of not so wild fish still in there are probably more inbred than the clampetts :wallbash:.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
There are many systems around here that hold small runs of steelhead, usually maybe 100 at the most.

You can find solitude but make sure your release skills are top notch...1 bad release or a bleeder can be a huge loss to a flow that only sees a handfull adults return on a good year.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Bent Rod said:
MOE should still be stocking this stream, anything short of that is criminal, they have a hatchery right there, what does our $%@%$ overpriced steelhead tag pay for??.

The last handful of not so wild fish still in there are probably more inbred than the clampetts :wallbash:.
THE CLAMPETTS WERE INBRED????

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Pat AV said:
There are many systems around here that hold small runs of steelhead, usually maybe 100 at the most.

You can find solitude but make sure your release skills are top notch...1 bad release or a bleeder can be a huge loss to a flow that only sees a handfull adults return on a good year.
That's precisely what anyone wanting to fish smaller systems should consider before they go. Great point Pat...

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
or you can always have a buddy with you to make the releasing alot faster and less stressful for the fish :thumbup: I dont fish alone very often for steel just because of this reason.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.