BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Norrish. The 3 big holes just above the train bridge completly filled in. :eek: with Mondays storm. Still some clean coho to be had. Landed 6 in 2 hrs.

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Filled in with gravel as in no longer exist.

· Registered
1,989 Posts
What is the reason for dig'in these holes anyways? They just get filled in with high water anyways! Is it a money grab?

CK

· Registered
3,796 Posts
Gravel mining is a huge industry in B.C. Every foot of roadway, every foundation for every house and building, every driveway, sidewalk and parking lot require gravel. It is the reason the Coquitlam river has been abandoned by the authorities. It is the reason the St;olo have applied for gravel licenses in the Fraser. It is the reason there is a gravel crusher right next to Norrish. Yes, to sell.

· Registered
1,461 Posts
professori said:
Gravel mining is a huge industry in B.C. Every foot of roadway, every foundation for every house and building, every driveway, sidewalk and parking lot require gravel. It is the reason the Coquitlam river has been abandoned by the authorities. It is the reason the St;olo have applied for gravel licenses in the Fraser. It is the reason there is a gravel crusher right next to Norrish. Yes, to sell.
Dont forget its not just the actual road, sidewalk.... that require the gravel, but each one needs a base of some sort which is also made up of gravel. Ive wondered before what percentage of the GVRD is actually covered by some sort of man made structure?

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Cap_Slayer said:
I'm glad my people are using the gravel for a good cause, I wish they would take more! There is no shortage of gravel, so someone might as well use it!
your people? I take it your a brotha too? :thumbup:

· Registered
3,796 Posts
No problem getting good use from it. The really unfortunate thing is that the most readily accessible gravel beds are usually near or in rivers and the siltation that results from gravel extraction can (as has been the case with the Coquitlam) choke off a river. Where it is done responsibly and with regard to the environmental impact it is fine. When it is done with the bottom line as the only consideration, the potential for disaster is greatly increased.

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Cap_Slayer said:
Yes my people aka Sioux, I have no brothers! I am a Sioux Warrior, I am a army of 1 :happy: :cheers: :peace:
Ok thats cool your a soux but i beleave they are native americans are they not? Your people have no teritory here in mission around norrish or fraser valley for that matter so i beleave it would be the sto lo nation removing gravle here in the lowermainland right?

CK

· Registered
409 Posts
Dude man you have some balls! To just post what you did, to me that is a racist comment dude.

All I will say is go and read up on some histroy dude! My people are called Siuox not Soux and we have land here in CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.