BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of taken a trip up Pitt Lake and to the north end. I havent been up there before so whats to expect? Ill be taking my Trail Ripper http://www.goped.com/products/gtr/default.asp with me so I can explore the area while there. Who owns the docks there? Would I be allowed to keep my boat there during my stay? Looks like a real peice of heaven up there from all the pictures ive seen. I promise to keep it just that condition while visiting.
Any tips would be helpful, thanks.

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They have dropped in price! I paid $1400 almost 2 years ago, now there about $200 less. Check the website for exact prices though.

Still looking for any insite into the north end of Pitt Lake, thanks.

· Registered
1,078 Posts
hey BCfisher, dont know how much help this is , but last time i was up there (7 years ago) we brought the motor bikes and left the boat at the docks with no problem. at the time there didnt seem to be any logging going on so i dont know if things are different now or not. sorry no recent info for you , but somebody has to try to help. so suprised that none of the regulars up there want to help you out :naughty:

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that info stsfisher it tells me there’s a chance that it could be used today. Not sure why the regulars haven’t pm'ed me or anything either? Maybe some people don’t want others to go up there for whatever reason so they don’t share any info. Im going regardless... it’s been a day dream of mine to explore that area for 2 years now. It looks so beautiful from the pictures I've seen I can’t wait to go. Would be nice to get a little help though from other peoples experiences there but that’s ok. If you guys new me then you would know I have a heart of gold when it comes to the outdoors and nature. I have strong opinions on conservation and just general respect of our province.

· Banned
2,854 Posts
what kind of boat are you taking to the north end BC? my dad has gone up there years ago in a 12foot cartopper and doesnt suggest it. the wind picks up around noon like clockwork and can make some big waves that can get scary for little boats on the way back. I myself have not been up there since i was young (with a friends family for a boat ride) and now i wish i owned a boat that i could take up there :peace: Maybe you would want some company fishing the upper Pitt ;D I can ride a mean mountain bike :thumbup: wont be able to keep up to that sweet scooter but so what.

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info Cirrostratus it helped. Wow nobody else has got any tips for me. Either no one has been there or nobody cares to release secrect information on the North End of Pitt Lake.
Anyways I'll be in a brand new 12' Lund with a 25hp motor. I know how the lake turns without much warning. Last year I was out there in my old Lund and got a real scare from the size of the waves. Took me a lonf time to get back to the launch, was moving real slow so as not to flip my boat. This time I think I have more experiance boating. Got a bigger wider deeper boat and a great motor. Should be no problems. I'll pick a calm sunny day to go.
Cant wait to do the trip.

· Registered
341 Posts
Funny how nobody is coming forward with any info??? I recall BCFISHER that Rick Baerg had an ad in the classifieds here selling his upper pitt truck.

So obviously Rick knows. Maybe he just hasnt read the thread yet :confused:

Lets see if he responds ???

Bluesteele

· Registered
1,461 Posts
bluesteele said:
Funny how nobody is coming forward with any info??? I recall BCFISHER that Rick Baerg had an ad in the classifieds here selling his upper pitt truck.

So obviously Rick knows. Maybe he just hasnt read the thread yet :confused:

Lets see if he responds ???

Bluesteele
Try PMing him, hes in the middle of a big move as I recall/last heard so not sure if he'll get the PM or the chance to really surf his site.

· Registered
2 Posts
Been away fishing ,as far as the Pitt N. Top end of lake keep left to river mouth.May 22 ,Broke alight trout rod into 4 pieces on a big bull! Hooked 3 more ,had to come home.A shallow boat or jet to go very far up river.Now is peek bulltrout ,good for rainbows at mouth.small....to big flies and lures.Lake gets 3-5 'waves and white caps.

· Registered
691 Posts
I don't think anyone here wants to be responsible for sending someone up that lake in a 12ft boat. To correct your comment Wolverine that lake can and does on a regular basis kick out 6ft waves, and they don't just come as rollers. They will hit you from all sides, and the sides of the lake are steep canyon walls for the most part.

The end of the lake can be filled with dead heads and logs. There is a dock, and you can leave the boat there at your own caution. Depending on how other folks are feeling it could be fine or not. Last I heard the river was a mess, but you could alwyas try and work your way up it a bit. The biggest problem is going to be trying to figure out a what to do if it does blow out and your stuck up there.

· Registered
151 Posts
I don't think I'd venture up the lake in anything less than a 18 foot boat...

Those waves are NASTY.

Cheers,
Nicole

· Banned
2,854 Posts
exactly the point i was attemting to make :wallbash: you wouldnt catch me out there in a litte boat. my dad has suggested taking his 12footer once or twice and i very quickly answer "you insane!!" we would have to be up and back before 1pm or we'll be dead most likely :wallbash:

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey im not planning to go up the river in my boat. Im just making my way to the end of the lake, parking my boat, taking pictures and relaxing for a few hours in gods country.

I really want to take this trip easy and carefully. I dont want to get into any trouble while taking on this adventure. Better to give someone advice on a trip like this rather than not dont you think!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.