BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im heading up that way is week and am wondering if there any good fishing spots along the North Thompson. Also do you need a salmon license to fish in the river now?

·
Registered
547 Posts
If youre fishing for salmon then yes you need a fishing license with a salmon tag but if youre fishing for any other type of fish you just need a fishing license. I cant givee much advice about the thompson because ive never fished it but if you tell me what youre fishing for i can try and pitch in my advice ive learned from fishing them in other rivers like baits setups etc.

·
Retired Administrator
4,449 Posts
Im heading up that way is week and am wondering if there any good fishing spots along the North Thompson. Also do you need a salmon license to fish in the river now?
First thing you need to do is check both the DFO regs and the freshwater regs to see what options are available to you. A member might recommend a good bait to use to try and be helpful and then you get fined on the river because there is a bait ban. Or, maybe you go out and purchase a Salmon Stamp for your license only to discover Salmon is closed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.