BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planning a 2 week canoe & camping trip :thumbup: on the north end of Vancouver Island (Campbell River to Port Alice) from June 9th to 24th. Hoping to explore ::) as many lakes and beaches as our Honda Civic can reach. It has been 25 years ??? since I last did a similar trip. Any advice :confused: would be more than welcome ([email protected]).

·
Registered
119 Posts
island boy, i dont know how much info you will get from the islanders. i tried and tried to find as much info out on the northern island river systems, and got squat back in return. even the locals didnt help out once i was there. i went into the tackle shop and asked for a report and they said nothing, NOTHING. im not trying to be a downer, but they are all prety tight lipped up there. on your way to port alice there is a provincial park you might wanna check out, the river is flyfish only, but i was told by a few that it was the river to hit for big rainbows.pm me if you want a bit more info, i can try to help out a little more if you want.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, after perusing the BCO Cariboo/Chilcotin lakes edition Melissa says; "Lets go to the Chilcotin" :confused: I've never been there so naturally I agreed :thumbup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Try the stores in Campbell River. They can be quit helpfull. Also try that map book for Van Isle. They have good info on the lakes and what is in them. Deep ones with Kokanee seem to hold the bigger ones. Also with the amount of snow this year, try not to get to highin elevation. Hope this help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts