BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All this rain will get the fish moving up the river systems, I am on holiday beginning this week and considering checking out some of the flows on the N. shore.
I am concerned however that there has been too much precipitation all at once and the flows will be blown out.
May try the fisherman's trail tomorrow and check out a few pools up there.
Has anybody been up there? and any tips or info would be appreciated.
I realize this is a sensitive area so pm replies would work as well.

Bundle up get the rain gear on its time !

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I went out this morning and the spot where I was fishing was under two feet of water by the afternoon.You know at this time of year if it's raining hard the river is gonna rise. If it;s rainging hard and it comes up slow at first....................GET THE HELL OUTTA THERE!

Hotrod

·
Registered
264 Posts
Catch any fish while you were there hotrod?

Was out today as well with fishey. The water started rising and had come up over a foot by the time we left. Definetly don't want to be in any spot where you can get trapped because the water it too high.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I got a couple of jacks. Nice chrome bullets still! No sign of any signifigant numbers of the big boys yet.

Hotrod

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
It had dropped a foot or so by the end of the day. I went back for a drive by to see how it was. Dropping nicely and should be good to go tommorrow or the next.Light rain will have little or no effect on water levels. It's those 25+mmm days that fills the banks.

Hotrod

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the input gentlemen, way too much turkey tonight and home late, with 3 weeks off work and having fished those canyons after heavy rains think maybe I might just give it a day or 2 and see if the levels of flow drop any. I know how hairy it can get on that slippery rock with high water.
Be safe out there all !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.