BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've done the coast of Bodrum... You can surely pull out the fly rod in some of the lovely bays you will be mooring in.

Hmmmm.......maybe I'll bring the 8wt along with me!! My only concern would be getting hung up in the sails or rigging....with my weak casting talents. :eek:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Bring a bamboo rod, a roll of mono and your favorite jig. Would make for one epic picture off the bow of that beauty.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That sea doesn't have any large fish left... mostly smaller fish... Bring the 5 wt. The boats I've seen over there usually have some kayaks or small dinghys you can use on the stops... You're gonna LOVE it. What an amazing country. I'll be back over there the end of October

Hmmmm.......maybe I'll bring the 8wt along with me!! My only concern would be getting hung up in the sails or rigging....with my weak casting talents. :eek:

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the heads up xshopowner!

Unfortunately I am largely a "salty" so all I have in the "gun case" is an 8wt. I know there are sea doos and other toys to use so may have to give it a whirl!

REALLY looking forward to the trip as I've heard nothing but great things!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Take it! I always travel with my rods. I'd rather be somewhere with my rods and no fish then be surrounded by fish and no rod...

I actually work for a Mediterranean travel company and spend tons of time in Turkey in case you have any questions about the country

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually work for a Mediterranean travel company and spend tons of time in Turkey in case you have any questions about the country

Perfect!!! I do have a question as I have been reading online and trying to figure out what currency to take? I have heard to take Euro's and US $ and get Lira out of the ATM's once I get there?

Read some stuff on trip advisor and saw people saying all sorts of things about which currency. Will definitely take Euro's as the boat is billed in Euro's....not sure if we'll be doing any "shore leave" but if we do not sure if Lira is the best way to go?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Take Euros for the ship but for anything you buy on land use Lira. You get a way better deal. Forget the US$ They'll just think your American and they love canadians way more the the yanks..lol
Make sure you have a 4 digit pin number (for anywhere in Europe) The red bank machines are the best to get cash with a canadian debit card. Some of the other bank machines even though they "plus" or "interlink" don't seem to work all the time. You'll love Turkey, the people are super friendly, fun people who love to share stories, drinks tobacco with friendly tourists. Its probably one of the safest places to travel in the world

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ha ha looking at that ship, I don't think the captain would be too happy if you shred his sails with your errant casting!:D

I'm jealous now. Spent a week sailing the Cyclades almost 20 years ago. But we were only in a 47' punt :) Always wanted to go back and do it again, just a beautiful sea. But one thing I remember clearly was that I hardly saw any fish while I was out there. The skipper of the boat told me there is not as much fish as it used to be. Hope that isn't true for you.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
To heck with trolling behind it...;)...Just cruise to Cabo and winter in it!
Awesome
Don't get him thinking!

Scotty will don the eye patch, stick a sabre in his belt, crack open the grog, put a parrot on his shoulder and mutinize!

"Instead of Mutiny on the Bounty" it will be "Mutiny in Bodrum".

·
Registered
384 Posts
Damn Pipps a week on that almost gets you that Grady!
I'd troll off it lol
definately grab a tender and do some fly fishing, 8 days in paradise for sure
Tim

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As I sit here sipping my Turkish coffee looking out at Greece this morning.....I am excited to see the heavy duty saltwater rods gigged up with Zukers that we'll be trolling today as we sail further south!!

Mind you I was giddy when climbing aboard yesterday and saw the fishing gear!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts