BC Fishing Reports banner

NOTICE TO ALL ANGLERS....

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTICE TO ALL ANGLERS

How would you like to learn various methods to target salmon while avoiding foul hooking?

Drift/float fishing, short floating
Fishing with spoons and spinners
Fly fishing
Proper release techniques

FREE, NO CHARGE

This is being offered by a group of anglers concerned with present fishing practices. We are just offering our knowledge to help you.
Anglers new to fishing, anglers who normally only fish sockeye, even seasoned anglers. All are most welcome.

Saturday, Oct. 21/06 Keith Wilson Bridge by the east (Abbotsford) side, large parking area just as you drive in.
9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.

This seminar/clinic is being offered in an effort to get the word out and start changing things for the better...if you are looking to learn something new, or help someone else do so...please come out and show your support. I cannot make it however much I wish I could, but it is a worthy cause and I thought I'd post this here for those who might be interested....should be a good great group of people and a fun time....

thx,
rib

See less See more
#3 ·
That is a phenominal idea, I wish I could be there to help out and learn some fly-fishing techniques! Unfortunately my fishing day is Sunday. Couldn't have picked a better location too :lol: maybe it will entice the snaggers at KWB to smarten up and learn how to actually angle!

I wish this would have been done 4 years ago when I first started, probably would have saved me a lot of time learning this stuff. To any of you other newbies out there, don't pass up this opportunity. Short-floating and fishing spoons are deadly ways to catch fish, without snagging them in the ass :wink: .

Hey Rib, is this posted on the pther sites as well?

#6 ·
Hold on, hold on a minute here....I just want to set one thing straight, This was not my idea, nor did I put it together...I was originally slated to help out with the seminar, maybe talk a bit, answer a few questions, but unfortunatley I cannot go on Saturday and have had to bow out....I certainly cannot take any credit for it whatsoever....

But yes, I think it is a great idea, and would love to hear it was a success, so if anyone isn't sure if they're doing it right, or they want to start learning some other techniques, like flyfishing or chucking spoons, etc please do get out there!!!! It's only for a few hours, and you can fish the rest of the day with the newfound knowledge you've acquired....

thx for the support,
rib

#7 ·
gathering

I was there today for the seminar. With several others!!! Only problem, no one was there to teach the class. Some drove quite the distance to give up the bouncing betties and come over to the other side. Instead of preaching try teaching and realize that if you are going to commit to teaching a class, SHOW UP!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

#10 ·
Sorry here is an easier way to pass on the official response from those who were running this program...I am very sorry for the mixup guys, but as I wasn't there, there was nothing I could do to rectify the situation...

Barney, I'm totally embarrased because on the directions it said "east(abbotsford)side" when it should have been "west (abbotsford) side". :-[ :-[ :-[ Someone did go over to the other side to check for anglers there when this was pointed out but they had left. I apologize sincerely for this mix up. There is some talk of doing something like this again ( with proper directions) in the near future.
Thank you to the members that did come out and help and to Chris Gadsden for his raffle. Chris also did some filming up and down on the river from where we were. 2:40 converted an angler from flossing to short floating, it was the only way he knew to fish, off came the bouncing betty, leader saver and 6 foot leader. 2:40 set him up some of his own gear and as we left he was short floating.
We had a father there with his teenage daughter and son and all 3 were very eager to learn how to short float and what gear to use in certain water conditions.
Here they are being tutored by George and Ray

Here is Chris G conducting his raffle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.