BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out Friday ...... left work early (3:00 pm) because it was 38 degrees inside the tin can type building I work in. Pulled rank ..... but I guess that's one of the benefits of management. Arrived at the fishing hole just after 4 pm ........ threw in the bar rod and cracked open a round of Corona's with my buddy and his wife. It's amazing what can happen in less than 1/2 hour ...

a 34 pound chrome red buck ..... and then 15 minutes later ....

my buddies wife lands herself a 23 pound chrome red buck as well. Pitched the tent .... hot dogs for dinner on an open fire (yummy) and of course a few more Corona ....... oh .... and lots and lots of Deep Woods Off. :wink:

Woke up at 5:05 am ...... stumbled out of bed ...... fumbled towards bar rod ...... and tossed it on the inside edge of the flow ...... 6 - 7 feet deep (according to the boat depth finder). Started walking over to my buddy who was already up to say good morning when ........ ding ding ding ....

Was the shortest fishing day for me ........ a 24 pound chrome red buck .... was soon on the beach, cleaned, stored in the cooler, and written on my license. Arrived home even before my wife got out of bed ...... fish packaged and in the freezer. Off to Harrison Lake for some quality family time ...... to do some tubing and swimming. Supper on the way home in a A/C restaurant, tender BBQ ribs, baked potatoe & Caesar salad (sure kicked A$$ over the hot dogs). Up at 3:30 AM to head back to the river. We beached one more for each of us by 11:30 am ......... dinner at the Keg that night. My boss gave me 2 $50.00 Keg gift certificates for quitting smoking ....... full Lobster dinner for me ....... was very, very tasty and had great service from the waitress too.

All I can say ...... If every weekend was this HOT ........ BRING IT ON!!! :wink:

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Well, if that aint summer on the "Wet" Coast, I don't know what is?.....Nice fish, man. Great shots!...So with the Gas & the Coronas & the Hot Dogs etc. (less gift certificate, these fish came in at around $4-5.00 a lb.)...Unless I get something big in the next few weeks, most of this season has been in the $10-20.00 lb. range......LOL :lol: ...Ortho 8) ......Guess I better switch to Beer. :wink:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's the Corona's Ortho ......... didn't you know ......... Salmon know Mexicans can't fish. :wink: That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :roll:

As they say ....... Spring Rod $110.00 ...... Reel $89.00 ......... Line and Bar Rigs $12.00 ....... catching that 30 pounder ...... priceless. :lol:

Now where did all my money go?????

Boat Gas ................................... $100.00
Truck Gas .................................. $ 80.00
Beer .......................................... $ 20.00
Supper on Sat ........................... $ 65.00
Keg (less $100.00 Gift Cert.) ..... $ 25.00
-----------------------------------------------------
TOTAL: .................................... $290.00
==============================

Fish: 34 + 24 = 58 pounds (less 1/3) or 19 pounds ........ Net fish in freezer ....... 39 pounds

$290.00 / 39 pounds = $ 7.44 per pound

And that's not counting repairs, maintenance or incidentals ..............

Darn ........ gonna have to look for someone to share costs .... :?

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
You got it all right! Those fish get really expensive. :shock: ...but what the heck, you can go out for dinner and have a bad meal, bad service, drop a hundred bucks, spend $$ on transportation/gas/ overnight? :roll: (more money) $$$ NOTHING compares to a good day on the flow and some dogs/burgers on an open fire or BBQ. :) :) ....camping out on the river for the night is a bonus, and always a little more appealing to me when the river is on the drop and not on the rise :wink: .........Ortho 8)

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
No comparison but dang you pros are going to have to show me how to bar fish like that. I have close to 200hrs invested this season and still nothing to show for it, add that up! :roll: Now how do you explain that one to family and friends.Still having fun Marko :D

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
OK Marko, what you are saying is you have put in 16x12 hr. days and still no fish???
I have three suggestions

1) Try another spot?
2) Try another spot........ and
3) Get the bananas out of the boat!!

Man, if you turn a 20lb. fish on your next trip, with the time you have invested, it will come in just under $100.00 per lb.!! :shock: .....Ortho 8)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fishortho stated:
NOTHING compares to a good day on the flow and some dogs/burgers on an open fire or BBQ. ....camping out on the river for the night is a bonus, and always a little more appealing to me when the river is on the drop and not on the rise
Very true ...... something just keeps calling some of us back out there and then some (like my wife) believe that camping has to have 3 1/2 stars attached to it. :wink:

Marko stated:
I have close to 200hrs invested this season and still nothing to show for it, add that up! Now how do you explain that one to family and friends.Still having fun Marko
WOW, that's a lot of time with no takers. Are you sure your actually at the river ...... or are you testing your rodsmanship at a different bar???? :wink:

I don't know whats up with that Marko ........ I work till noon on Saturday and don't know when I'll be going out ...... good chance I'll leave right from work. I'll keep in touch ........ maybe I have room (or someone else will) to take you out and crack the big goose egg.

GOFISH 8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.