BC Fishing Reports banner
201 - 220 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Sadly, I attended Monday's game. Couldn't stop laughing after the Islanders scored their 4th goal. It was that or cry.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
That was a fun game to watch.......Higgins must have switched from fhand to bhand 16 times between center and his shot....It was a great goal.The Winnipeg miss in OT that went behind Lack was just plain puck luck or puck lack.......if that had gone in it would have been a wasted effort.
I give 'em full marks for the fire in their proverbial a$$es.....jeez....they were actually beating guys to the pucks and winning the battles in the corners
Playoffs??????.....doubtful..................Ortho

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Wow....Kassian with the winner and 5 pts in 2 games, Booth suddenly a scoring machine with 2 unassisted goals tonight (3 in last 2) and the Nucks are in the midst of the 3rd longest current winning streak in the NHL behind only the Rangers and Kings. :thumbup:

Kassian has churned out one seventh of Cody's seasonal point output in 2 games!!! ;)

Two unassisted goals for Booth last night.....maybe he just doesn't like playing with others! :p One man line! :eek:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Good luck with selecting the New GM. Lots of rumors. Hopefully it's someone who can get the fans happy about the product again.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Maybe the Nux can find a GM who has not made a career out of being a player agent. It's kind of tough to be the management guy when you've made a career out of shredding those types. So who will it be next? Trevor Linden, George McPhee (soon to be tossed out of the Ovenchicken kitchen), Pat Quinn, Pierre McGuire, who else is in the running?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Linden?
Grizz...if Pierre McGuire drops his easy TV job, I'd be very surprised.

As much as I may not care for the Canucks, I want a strong conference and division.
That Canadian teams in the west all settled to the bottom is absolutely unbelievable.

The East gets all the big media play, and it's like the west doesn't exist.

Hopefully, Acquillini doesn't just jump at the first name, and has a team of advisors to figure out a good move.

Good luck moving ahead.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Quote from BigfishMike "Grizz...if Pierre McGuire drops his easy TV job, I'd be very surprised."

I think McGuire is bored and has not had a hockey job with any decisions to make that matter for far too long. He also will not get the Don Cherry gig so he has gone as far in TV land as possible. Besides anyone can sit on TV and rip the guys who actually have a say for only so long. Personally I'm kind of sick of him as a TV talking head and would like to see if he actually has the stuff to make a call.... Gm jobs pay way more than TV jobs, he may decide with his wallet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Gillis is an agent at heart. Trevor Linden would connect more to the entirety of the game, I would think, and hope.
Whoever gets the job, I would expect full change to come more carefully and patiently.

It certainly can't get much worse. Personally, I care about the Canucks far less than my wife, but I have to bear
the brunt of her displeasure when they are not up to snuff.

Hopefully there is a whole new era coming.

201 - 220 of 258 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.