BC Fishing Reports banner
221 - 240 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
You know, I was around for the early years of the 'nucks and I now believe they could be in the running some day for the team that has been in the league the longest and not won the big prize. This season was a HUGE disappointment for us and we are pretty solid fans. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if a new GM is found fairly soon and torts also hits the road and is also replaced. Trevor Linden doesn't need any more headaches.
His fitness clubs are doing great and he is now pursing a new concept in fitness with hardcore training clubs following an American model of success.
Too many demands would be put on him by his fans.....2 hours from now......

.PRESS CONFERENCE by Aquilini on BC1 10:30am today.....something cookin

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
He's got as much experience as Mike Gillis when he was hired and it showed.
I like Trevor Linden... but I feel the same way... lets get someone in the seat with EXPERIENCE... we sure need it!

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
so now we know-Linden is president of hockey operations. he'll be finding the next GM.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Linden?
Grizz...if Pierre McGuire drops his easy TV job, I'd be very surprised.
Well the first name is now Prez, I say McGuire will be GM. You heard it here first Big guy! 8 more games til the SJ Fins hit the links....

·
Registered
340 Posts
After last nights loss, I've finally jumped off the band wagon. I've always been a supporter, but now I have sort of given up.
For this year anyways.
Will of course watch their last game of the season tonight, but glad it over for this year.
Way too many ups and downs .........

·
Registered
381 Posts
I to will be glad when it's over tonight. At the end of last nights game I thought it was really cool for them to come back on the ice and shake Ryan Smyth's hand. I'm not an Oilers fan, but I was hoping Captain Canada was going to to break the power play record even if it was against the Canucks.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
After last nights loss, I've finally jumped off the band wagon. I've always been a supporter, but now I have sort of given up.
For this year anyways.
Will of course watch their last game of the season tonight, but glad it over for this year.
Way too many ups and downs .........
Can someone sticky this post?:p

Norman....the season is done and has been done for a couple games, the team doesn't give a sh*t anymore and sh*t is gonna change. I am a Flyers fan first and Nucks second....but dude if you are gonna make a meaningless game in a sh*t season your catalyst for being a fan, they likely don't need you on the proverbial wagon.::)

Shaking Smyth's hand by the whole team was the best thing I have seen the team do on the ice this season. If anything it makes me respect a bit more.

I just chuckle at Nucks "fans" who make this current gongshow of a season in all respects their tipping point.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Any interest up there in Bylsma?
Thought they might make a grab for Barry Trotz.
Guys like these are only unemployed for a few hours.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Word is Desjardins will be the coach after AHL playoffs. Bylsma has underachieved just as Torts has, so no upgrade there. Still remains the GM who needs to overhaul the aging core, any coach would have trouble with the nucks given the current crop of players.

Reactions: BigfishMike

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Word is Desjardins will be the coach after AHL playoffs. Bylsma has underachieved just as Torts has, .
Haha.....he has underachieved as of late in the playoffs but he does have a ring on his finger and won the Jack Adams 2 years ago. I would hardly put Bylsma in the same underachievement column as Torts.

I gotta ask again....do you guys get TV or any hockey on Lulu?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I gotta ask again....do you guys get TV or any hockey on Lulu?
So what fantasy channel has the flyers winning a cup since the mid 70's? Maybe your imagination is a little to active, tune it back to reality and you'll still find no success since 76. Can you even remember what type of diapers you were clad in back then? Bylsma has not managed any success in many years, with Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Letang, & co.. He has had many chances with far more talent than many others who have had more success recently. Babcock has had more consistent effort from his team, Julien has also, Sutter also, Quenville as well. None of these recently successful teams have failed as much as Pittsburgh has. Arguably their talent level is approx. the same as Pittsburgh's. All about results in the recent past, history is well, history.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
So what fantasy channel has the flyers winning a cup since the mid 70's? Maybe your imagination is a little to active, tune it back to reality and you'll still find no success since 76. Can you even remember what type of diapers you were clad in back then?

I was outta diapers wearing big boy underwear at the age of 6.

Flyers made the final a couple years back....and like the Nucks didn't win. However....I would take the Flyers roster and prospects over the Nucks any day.

As I asked Grizzz.......care to share in your infinite wisdom the answers to a few questions?

1. Who do you cheer for?
  2. Qualify your criticism of the Flyers.
  3. In a real world, with a salary cap and current contracts.....what would you do with the Nucks? (Don't say trade the Sedins...as it is next to impossible and deserves airtime with all the 12 year old GM's in grade 7 on the Canucks fan forum)

·
Registered
265 Posts
To answer your questions, 1. Bruins 2. 38 years and no cup 3. Nucks do not really matter to me, they will be irrelevant for another 10 years before they make another run to the bridesmaid suite.

History does tend to repeat itself unless many changes are made, next year the flyers will finish 6th at best in the east, Nucks will be lucky to do the same out west and you will still be a butt hurt flyers fan living almost 4 decades in futility. Any more questions?

BTW I've been a bruins fan since there were only 6 teams.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Texas won the AHL playoffs, now in spite of Bylsma err Torts with a more recent cup and just as much success since (who won a cup with a far better team than the current nucks and has underachieved for years since) Desjardins will be announced in the next few days. The fact the nucks fired assistant coaches except Gulitzen (sp) who has worked with Desjardins in the past in Dallas. Remember you heard it from me first Pipper! It must really rankle you to hear this stuff from a non nucks fan, objectivity the largest missing ingredient on the west coast. Cheers, the river is just starting to clear up & drop a bit!

Reactions: BigfishMike

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Uhhhhh......Grizzzzzz......Willie has been talked about for weeks now. Heck, Trotz was unemployed and Bylsma WAS employed when Willie's name was being mentioned. ::)

Too many zzzzzzzzzzzz's ??? ;) Way to be quick on the draw......but ya, you're the first to type it in this thread. :p :thumbup:

221 - 240 of 258 Posts