BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Welcome to California!

The Eagles wrote a song for you.."Welcome to the Graveyard California..."

I'd assume --what with all the improvements---that you'll fare better than last season....
0-5 vs the Dicks, 1-3 vs SJ, 1-4 vs Kings.

The NHL representatives from the Golden State await the arrival of the rival.

A telling week, though still early. Cheers...

so, 4 points out of a possible 6. Some F'in graveyard! Maybe for San Jose, not Vanouver.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I keep hearing that Anaheim had a rash of injuries...well Canucks went into Anaheim missing 4 starters as well. Showed really well on a trip that was supposed to (by some accounts) define the team.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
How about that goal from the "little turd" Burrows. Oh, and who's tied for first overall with Tampa Bay (ok they have a game in hand, but points are still all tied up). If you're reading this Mikey, how much is 24 take away 18?? 6? Yup 6 points separate the Canucks and the Sharks (that's 3 games for the math challenged), but in a different direction than you thought, right BMM. Yeah I know it depends which teams you play how you make out in the standings, but we've played western teams (and the big Cali 3) 4 out the past 5 games. San Jose? 4 of 5 in the east , including a loss to that Eastern powerhouse Florida Panthers, by three goals.

p.s. Do we need to start a new thread in the Bistro sub forum? Big Mouth Mike's Crow Recipes

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I figured Bieksa would be out. The upside is that there are lots of players out there who won't be speared in the balls or cross checked in the back of the neck for a while.
Yeah, because Bieksa is the only NHL defence man to ever cross-check or spear an opposing player.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I agree with you that it'll be tough to get the sedins gone, they will most likely go together and like you said get not even close to what they are worth. I just think that most players in their careers can benefit from a trade from a team they have been at for as long as they have. They are to comfortable and if they start at a new team they will need to prove themselves to the fans, in the dressing room, etc.

I have a feeling out GM now will make the appropriate moves to take the team forward for the next 10 years or so and we will be cup contenders during that time again.

I realy don't know how many times this has to come up. Why do we want to trade these guys? Even when they aren't producing scoring Right now their line is the best scoring line on the Canucks), they open the opportunities for the secondary scoring by engaging the top D pairing and shut down forwards on opposing teams. Wonder why those other teas waste the efforts of their best on couple has-beens and whoever is partnering them. Get over it they not only aren't going anywhere, but they won't be split up and any attempt to do so would likey result in a resignation of both of them. These 2 guys are going be fixtures in Vancouver long after their careers are over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts