BC Fishing Reports banner
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Another great win ! I look forward to BFM's excuses as to why his team lost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
You won't hear anything for 3 weeks......kinda like the California sweep OF the Nucks a while back.

Can't comment as I am in the Arctic...BUT I am gonna paint a spoon to look like a Shark eating an Orca updates exist.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Interesting--Losing BIG to a playoff team to start the roadie in Nashville, beating up on 3 bottom feeders looking for the first pick of the next draft, then losing BIG to another playoff team... not MY opinion...just fact.

Not a good recipe for playoff success.
Ben Bishop is 4-0 vs Canucks, and it sure helps when the "power" play he faces couldn't score on Okanagan High's 4th line.

You better hope Bieksa isn't out for long---you'll need help back there-

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Ya....careful in that glass house. Look at your 2015 so far having only beat one playoff bound team, losing massive twice to the same team and just dropping a big loss at home to a bottom feeder in the east.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I figured Bieksa would be out. The upside is that there are lots of players out there who won't be speared in the balls or cross checked in the back of the neck for a while.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I figured Bieksa would be out. The upside is that there are lots of players out there who won't be speared in the balls or cross checked in the back of the neck for a while.
Yeah, because Bieksa is the only NHL defence man to ever cross-check or spear an opposing player.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I love to read this thread because I don't give a crap about hockey. You guys are really funny/juvenile about it.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Yeah, because Bieksa is the only NHL defence man to ever cross-check or spear an opposing player.
Very true statement there prof, but the Nucks do have Burrows. The only guy in the NHL who could bite a crab apple through a picket fence!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Ive been saying this for two years, might as well trade them while they can get something.
Yes.....but they'll get noting in return aside from "something to build on".

Have you seen the Kessel/Phaneuf situation.....a WEE bit to the east of us? Phaneuf is almost unmovable unless a pile of first round draft picks come back....OR.....some great prospects....but Florida doesn't even want him!!!!

Kessell.......is going for a salary dump and some sh*t from one of 5 teams......he scores goal.....but he is PUDGIER than I am.....makes more money than me.....but I could come back in a trade for him.....and I'd play for $1M. But just for fun....I would command that CAP hit over the length of his contract.

Sedins are amongst those "impossible" trades.....never gonna happen and the day it actually does I will https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I03UmJbK0lA

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yes.....but they'll get noting in return aside from "something to build on".

Have you seen the Kessel/Phaneuf situation.....a WEE bit to the east of us? Phaneuf is almost unmovable unless a pile of first round draft picks come back....OR.....some great prospects....but Florida doesn't even want him!!!!

Kessell.......is going for a salary dump and some sh*t from one of 5 teams......he scores goal.....but he is PUDGIER than I am.....makes more money than me.....but I could come back in a trade for him.....and I'd play for $1M. But just for fun....I would command that CAP hit over the length of his contract.

Sedins are amongst those "impossible" trades.....never gonna happen and the day it actually does I will https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I03UmJbK0lA
I agree with you that it'll be tough to get the sedins gone, they will most likely go together and like you said get not even close to what they are worth. I just think that most players in their careers can benefit from a trade from a team they have been at for as long as they have. They are to comfortable and if they start at a new team they will need to prove themselves to the fans, in the dressing room, etc.

I have a feeling out GM now will make the appropriate moves to take the team forward for the next 10 years or so and we will be cup contenders during that time again.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I agree with you that it'll be tough to get the sedins gone, they will most likely go together and like you said get not even close to what they are worth. I just think that most players in their careers can benefit from a trade from a team they have been at for as long as they have. They are to comfortable and if they start at a new team they will need to prove themselves to the fans, in the dressing room, etc.

I have a feeling out GM now will make the appropriate moves to take the team forward for the next 10 years or so and we will be cup contenders during that time again.

I realy don't know how many times this has to come up. Why do we want to trade these guys? Even when they aren't producing scoring Right now their line is the best scoring line on the Canucks), they open the opportunities for the secondary scoring by engaging the top D pairing and shut down forwards on opposing teams. Wonder why those other teas waste the efforts of their best on couple has-beens and whoever is partnering them. Get over it they not only aren't going anywhere, but they won't be split up and any attempt to do so would likey result in a resignation of both of them. These 2 guys are going be fixtures in Vancouver long after their careers are over.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I thought this would be the perfect "trap" game for Anaheim.

They're cruising, coming to play a team that has sputtered on offense, and is defensively hobbled.
I thought they'd think they could win it on good looks alone.

They've played a ton of 1-goal games, and I truly thought Vancouver would buck up, having a week to prep,
get back to the basics they've displayed over time, and give 'em a game.

I don't hate the Canucks---I just continue to be baffled by their Jekyll-Hyde thing---

At the very LEAST, I was sure they'd earn at least PASSING marks in a category or two.

Christ--Defense--WHAT defense?
Offense--What offense? TWO shots in the second..when they could have kept it close--and 5 in the 3rd?
PK--feeble--PP even worse.
Goaltending..Luckily..Miller is rarely that porous...he's better than he looked last night.

Calgary---LA---you have to think they'll play tough headed down the stretch.

Time to play some serious hockey---for ALL of the bottom 4 in the Conf, and for those close enough to smell it.

·
Retired Administrator
4,449 Posts
It's definitely frustrating and at this time last year they were not far off from where they are now points wise, but still some positives that true fans will focus on. It's a critical time though, hovering in and out of the top six, similar to the Sharks.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Needed that wn against Buffalo as they are trickier than they seem......with the likes of Cody Hodgson (who BMM droned on about) on pace to shatter his -26 of last season and 2 goals in 48 games on pace for ~6 this year.......we all know that SOME teams just can't beat this basement dwelling juggernaut.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Daniel Sedin: One goal in 11 games.
Henrik Sedin: One goal in 13 games.
Radim Vrbata: Four goals in 12 games.
Nick Bonino: Three goals in 20 games.
Alex Burrows: Two goals in 14 games.
Chris Higgins: Two goals in 26 games.

That’s 13 goals in a combined 96 games, from the Canucks’ top six point-getters.

·
Registered
261 Posts
You cruel bugger you.

And all of them making over a million bucks for it.

Better buy them all a green dress.

But not a real green dress.

That's cruel.. :D

Daniel Sedin: One goal in 11 games.
Henrik Sedin: One goal in 13 games.
Radim Vrbata: Four goals in 12 games.
Nick Bonino: Three goals in 20 games.
Alex Burrows: Two goals in 14 games.
Chris Higgins: Two goals in 26 games.

That’s 13 goals in a combined 96 games, from the Canucks’ top six point-getters.

61 - 80 of 101 Posts