BC Fishing Reports banner
81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Nice to see the Oilers beat the Kings to help our boys clinch.

Not many thought they would make the playoffs this year including me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This new playoff format really worked out for the Canucks and Flames this year. The match-up will likely be #6 vs #7 in the conference. One of the Predators or Blackhawks/Wild is guaranteed out in the first round. The Ducks could get stuck playing either the Wild or the Blackhawks, although more likely the Jets.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
This new playoff format really worked out for the Canucks and Flames this year. The match-up will likely be #6 vs #7 in the conference. One of the Predators or Blackhawks/Wild is guaranteed out in the first round. The Ducks could get stuck playing either the Wild or the Blackhawks, although more likely the Jets.
Jets will be a tough team to take in the first round. They may not necessarily win the series, but they're going to bang you up pretty bad with their size.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Jets will be a tough team to take in the first round. They may not necessarily win the series, but they're going to bang you up pretty bad with their size.
Completely agree and darn happy for the boys from my hometown. Have been pulling for them to get in! Saw a game there in February....they ARE a big team and playing well. Couple that with Pavelec finding his stride with 180+ minutes of shutout hockey and they'd be the last team I'd want to play in the first round.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jets take it to the Flames today in what is only a meaningful game to the Flames since the Jets position was locked in. I'm starting to think that this is the Canucks series to lose rather than simply a pick'em 50/50 situation.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Welcome back to the Stanley Cup playoffs.
I don't hate the Canucks--I simply enjoy the back-and-forth, the banter, the "my dad can beat up YOUR dad" stuff with you guys.
You're good fans and you defend and support them.

The Nucks played solid hockey in a tough division and conference, and I wish them the best of luck.
(Nice to see 5 Canadian teams in the mix, too.)

Cheers to all my buddies up there, and I trust Vancouver will represent the West well.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Even if the Canucks lose tomorrow, they will have won one more game in these playoffs than the Sharks did at home in February..so you have THAT.

(was Bieksa playing in ski boots?)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I always had a bad vibe about Zack Kassian...half-in-jest joked that his attitude would not serve him well, and he'd be in another line of work in short order.

Well---He's now suspended and in Stage-2 Rehab, a rare move by the league.

Forget hockey for now...the guy needs help...and he won't be released until the physicians in the program deem him fit.

Not a fan of his in the least--but that's just on the ice----I hope he gets the help he needs.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Tough loss in Buffalo. Nucks need at least a point, and then Ennis undresses 2 or 3 Nucks on his slick zone entry..reminded me of a young Peter Forsberg..dude stickhandled in a phonebooth to get the puck deep. Wow... Good lumps to take early in a season rather than late though.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I thought for sure we wouldve had this game in the bag, THEYRE THE FREAKIN SABRES!!!
hopefully we win tomorrow against the devils!

im surprised the sabres have a website...

they usually have trouble putting three W's together

81 - 100 of 101 Posts