1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NVO Report

Nicola Valley Outdoors Fishing Report for May 18th, 2010

Lily Lake.
A boat is a good idea, nothing for Norm and I from shore.
The young bucks out in the boat and float tube did well on leeches and spinners trolled slowly though. We do hope you get your rod back though!

Boss lake was fishing well on the weekend for smaller fish according to our man Gerry.

Still snow on the road before Murray Lake. It won’t be long though before we can get in there.

Harmon has been a little slow for most anglers but should come on strong any time now.

A large trout was taken on a “ Can’t tell you “ fly from Mamette lake a couple of days ago.
Thanks for that NB.

Peterhope was producing with a grey mayfly nymph for one chap.

According to Dave and Jean, Morgan lake was having turnover issues or the like with weed and algae patches floating around. That should clear up shortly.

Sounds like the fishing in Nicola lake is picking up as well. Folks have been getting them trolling, casting from shore with spinners and dunking worms.
Almost time for me to get the boat out and troll for some kokanee.
Mmmmm, I can taste them already.
The carp are starting to get active as well. If you have never caught one of these, I recommend trying it. They pull like freight trains!
Worms and other baits will catch them, as well as crayfish patterns wooly buggers etc. for flies.

As well the rivers will be opening soon and should be dropping back in shape fairly quickly. I love fishing stonefly nymphs for rainbows.

Tight Lines, Fred Watts
Nicola Valley Outdoors

250-378-9211​

1 - 1 of 1 Posts